Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records
Permanent URL: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/br86b3595
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation.
- Title and dates:
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records
- bulk 1921-1963
- The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation, the bulk of which are financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards dating from 1921-1963. The collection also includes a small amount of audivisual material, photographs and sound recordings.
- 64.09 linear feet
- 64 boxes
- Call number:
- Princeton University. Library. Dept. of Rare Books
and Special Collections
Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library.
Princeton University Archives.
Princeton, New Jersey 08540 USA
- Language(s) of materials:
- Storage note:
- This collection is stored onsite at the Mudd Manuscript Library.
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. In 1963 the Foundation placed all of these activities indefinitely on hold to provide the financial backing for the completion of THE PAPERS OF WOODROW WILSON, a 69 volume full-scale edition of Wilson's papers, jointly sponsored by Princeton University which housed the papers and tended to the staff. Following the publication of the final volume of the papers in 1993, the Foundation was liquedated and remaining funds were donated to another organization in support of academic programs that reflected its original vision of Wilsonian ideals.
The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation. By far the bulk of the collection includes financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards that document the foundation's activities from its inception and initial fundraising in 1921 through the beginning of the Papers of Woodrow Wilson project in 1963, although the collection also includes a few binders of annual meeting minutes and reports through 1987. The collection includes a relatively small amount of audiovisual materials, photographs and sound recordings reflecting the ideals and activities of the Wilson foundation, and an even smaller amount of copies of material documenting the life of Woodrow Wilson.
Access and Use
Collection is open for research use.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. For quotations that are fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For those few instances beyond fair use, users must submit the Publication and Broadcast Form. The Trustees of Princeton University hold copyright to all materials generated by Princeton University employees in the course of their work. For materials where the copyright is not held by the University, in addition to completing this form for Princeton, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold the copyright and obtaining approval from them.
Processing and Other Information
This collection was processed by Christie Peterson with assistance from Ameena Schelling '12 and Suchi Mandavilli '14in 2010-2011. Finding aid updated by Christie Peterson in January 2011.
Descriptive Rules Used
Finding aid content adheres to that prescribed by Describing Archives: A Content Standard.
Machine-readable finding aid encoded in EAD 2002 created from MARC record via MarcEdit and XSL stylesheets in 2007. Container lists created in Archivists' Toolkit and EAD edited in oXygen in January 2011.
Language(s) of this Finding Aid
Identification of specific item; Date (if known); Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records, Box and Folder Number; Department of Rare Books and Special Collections, Princeton University Library.
- Link, Arthur Stanley.
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 -- Archives.
- Princeton University -- Research.
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation.
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation -- Research grants.
- Presidents -- United States -- Research -- New Jersey -- Princeton.
Browse other finding aids related to the following terms: