Princeton University Presidents Oral History Collection
Permanent URL: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/x920fw87s
- Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library.
- Title and dates:
- Princeton University Presidents Oral History Collection
- The Princeton University Presidents Oral History Project consists of two projects undertaken by the Princeton University Archives in conjunction with the Office of the Secretary to document the recollections and reminiscences of Princeton University's 16th president and seventeenth Presidents Robert F. Goheen and William G. Bowen. Consists of taped interviews with former Princeton Presidents Robert F. Goheen William G. Bowen and accompanying transcripts, as well as a Goheen video retrospective titled 'Reflections of a President' produced for a 2006 Princeton University Library exhibit.
- 0.42 linear feet
- 1 box
- Call number:
- Princeton University. Library. Dept. of Rare Books and Special Collections
Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library.
Princeton University Archives.
Princeton, New Jersey 08540 USA
- Language(s) of materials:
- Storage note:
- This collection is stored onsite at the Mudd Manuscript Library.
The Princeton University Presidents Oral History Project consists of two projects undertaken by the Princeton University Archives in conjunction with the Office of the Secretary to document the recollections and reminiscences of Princeton University's 16th and 17th presidents Robert F. Goheen and William G. Bowen.
Consists of taped interviews with former Princeton President Robert F. Goheen and William G. Bowen and accompanying transcripts, as well as a video retrospective titled 'Reflections of a President' produced for a 2006 Princeton University Library exhibit. In the interviews Goheen discusses many notable aspects of his presidency including the advent of coeducation at Princeton and the establishment of the Council of the Princeton University Community. The collection consists of analog and digital formats on storage media as well as digitized materials available as online resources.
Access and Use
The collection is open for research use.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Access to collection materials follows Mudd Manuscript Library policy for preservation and access to audiovisual materials.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. For quotations that are fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For those few instances beyond fair use, users must submit the Publication and Broadcast Form. The Trustees of Princeton University hold copyright to all materials generated by Princeton University employees in the course of their work. For materials where the copyright is not held by the University, in addition to completing this form for Princeton, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold the copyright and obtaining approval from them.
Location of Copies or Alternate Formats
Transcripts and video of the 2004/2005 interviews are linked to this finding aid in Series 1: Interviews.
Processing and Other Information
Descriptive Rules Used
Finding aid content adheres to that prescribed by Describing Archives: A Content Standard.
Machine-readable finding aid encoded in EAD 2002 created from MARC record via MarcEdit and XSL stylesheets in 2007.
Language(s) of this Finding Aid
Identification of specific item; Date (if known); Collection Title, Box and Folder Number; Department of Rare Books and Special Collections, Princeton University Library.
- Goheen, Robert F. (Robert Francis), 1919-
- Patterson, Gardner.
- Goheen, Robert F.(Robert Francis),1919-
- Linke, Daniel J.
- Princeton University -- Administration.
- Princeton University -- Presidents.
- Coeducation -- New Jersey -- Princeton.
- College presidents.
- Oral history.
Browse other finding aids related to the following terms: