Ludwig Landshoff Papers
Permanent URL: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/w37636821
- Landshoff, Ludwig, 1874-1941.
- Title and dates:
- Ludwig Landshoff Papers
- Consists of music transcriptions, notebooks, note cards, and other printed matter of German musicologist Ludwig Landshoff.
- 5.0 linear feet
- 2 tall archival boxes, 3 cartons, 1 flat box
- Call number:
- Princeton University. Library. Dept. of Rare
Books and Special Collections
Princeton, New Jersey 08544 USA
- Language(s) of materials:
- Storage note:
- This collection is stored offsite at the ReCAP facility.
Ludwig Landshoff, German musicologist and conductor, studied music in Munich and Berlin, and received his Ph.D.
The collection consists of music transcriptions, notebooks, note cards, and other printed matter of Landshoff. The collection reflects the years (1918-1928) he spent as director and conductor of the Munich Bach Verein, a society for the performance of older music, and it includes transcriptions of his editions of music by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), Johann Christian Bach (1735-1782), Niccolo Jommielli (1714-1774), Alessandro Scarlatti (1660-1725), Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741), and other German and Italian 18th- and 19th-century composers. Also included are notebooks and cards for a work on Vivaldi and his music, music programs covering performances of his wife, Philippine Landshoff, a soprano, and copies of printed music he either edited or conducted.
Access and Use
The collection is open for research.
Please consult with Rare Books and Special Collections about having the portion of the collection at ReCAP recalled to Firestone Library for your use. This process normally requires 48-72 hours notice.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Permission to publish material from the collection must be requested from the Associate University Librarian for Rare Books and Special Collections. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
Other Finding Aid(s)
A partial checklist is available.
Acquisition and Appraisal
Provenance and Acquisition
From the estate of Ludwig Landshoff.
Processing and Other Information
The contents list was compiled by Jerome Jackson in July 2010 .
Descriptive Rules Used
Finding aid content adheres to that prescribed by Describing Archives: A Content Standard.
Machine-readable finding aid encoded in EAD 2002 created from MARC record via MarcEdit and XSL stylesheets in 2008 .
Language(s) of this Finding Aid
Identification of specific item; Date (if known); Ludwig Landshoff Papers, Box and Folder Number; Department of Rare Books and Special Collections, Princeton University Library.
- Bach, Johann Christian, 1735-1782 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Jommielli, Niccolo, 1714-1774 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Scarlatti, Alessandro, 1660-1774 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Vivaldi, Antonio, 1678-1741 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Munich Bach Verein.
- Composers -- Germany -- Musical scores.
- Composers -- Italy -- Musical scores.
- Concerts -- Germany -- 20th century.
- Music -- Germany -- Musical scores.
- Music -- Italy -- Musical scores.
- Notebooks -- 20th century.
- Scores -- 20th century.
- Conductors (Music) -- Germany.
Browse other finding aids related to the following terms: