William Charles Macready Collection
Permanent URL: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/xs55mc10g
- Macready, William Charles, 1793-1873.
- Title and dates:
- William Charles Macready Collection
- bulk 1825-1855
- William Charles Macready (1793-1873) was an English actor and theater manager. The collection consists of selected correspondence, letters written by members of his family, and some letters, articles, and miscellaneous documents about him. A significant number of letters (45) are from Macready's friend, William Frederick Pollock.
- 0.45 cubic feet
- 1 box
- Call number:
- Princeton University. Library. Dept. of Rare Books and Special Collections
Princeton, New Jersey 08544 USA
- Language(s) of materials:
- Storage note:
- This collection is stored onsite at Firestone Library.
William Charles Macready (1793-1873) was an English actor and theater manager.
Consists of selected correspondence of Macready, letters written by members of his family, and some letters, articles, and miscellaneous documents about him. A significant number of letters (45) are from Macready's friend, William Frederick Pollock.
Organized into the following series:
Letters are arranged alphabetically within each series.
- Series 1: Letters by William Charles Macready, dates not examined
- Series 2: Letters to William Charles Macready, dates not examined
- Series 3: Letters Written by Members of the Macready Family, dates not examined
- Series 4: Letters, Articles, and Miscellaneous Documents About William Charles Macready, dates not examined
Access and Use
Collection is open for research use.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Permission to publish material from the collection must be requested from the Associate University Librarian for Rare Books and Special Collections. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
Acquisition and Appraisal
Provenance and Acquisition
Purchased from a variety of sources over the course of 1977.
Processing and Other Information
This collection was processed in 2002.
Descriptive Rules Used
Finding aid content adheres to that prescribed by Describing Archives: A Content Standard.
Machine-readable finding aid encoded in EAD 2002 by Techbooks and Cristela García-Spitz on 07 December 2007. Created from MARC record via MarcEdit and XSL stylesheets in 2007.
Language(s) of this Finding Aid
Identification of specific item; Date (if known); William Charles Macready Collection, Box and Folder Number; Department of Rare Books and Special Collections, Princeton University Library.
- Pollock, William Frederick -- Correspondence.
- Actors -- England -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- English drama -- 19th century.
- Theatrical managers -- England -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
Browse other finding aids related to the following terms: