Princeton University. Orange Key Guide Service.
Biography and History
Orange Key is a volunteer student organization that provides campus tours. Organized in 1935, the organization's primary mission was originally to welcome visitors to the University and shepherd athletic teams from other colleges around Princeton. It eventually expanded its responsibilities to include the campus guide service, and a variety of community service projects. As the number of visitors to campus grew exponentially, Orange Key made the campus guide service its primary focus, and it is that for which it is best known today. The group has operated under various offices on campus in its history. It moved from the Office of Communications to become part of the Frist Campus Center when the center opened in September of 2000 and remained there when Frist began operating under the auspices of University Services in 2003. In 2006 the Undergraduate Admission Office assumed oversight of Orange Key. Orange Key runs approximately 25 campus tours every week and it is one of the University's most active public service programs.
Source: From the finding aid for AC055
Call Number: AC055
Orange Key is a volunteer student organization that provides campus tours. The collection consists of records that document the activities of the Orange Key Guide Service, including tour routes, lists of tour guides, guide selection information, subject files, training materials, and procedure manuals, as well as a card index of buildings, inscriptions, sculptures, and other physical gifts donated to the University assembled by Orange Key Office as a reference for campus tour guides.