Biography and History

Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc. was a group comprised primarily of alumni investors, the mission of which was to maintain the preservation and beautification of the community surrounding the Princeton campus. The corporation's president was long-time University Treasurer and Vice President for Finance George A. Brakeley. One of Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc.'s longest running projects was the development of Palmer Square, a large piece of land located on Nassau Street. The project, which stretched over a period of several decades, became so all-consuming that the organization adopted the name of Palmer Square, Inc. Today Palmer Square Inc.'s efforts include not only physical improvements but also cultural initiatives.

Source: From the finding aid for AC277

  • Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc. records. 1956-1957 (inclusive).

    Call Number: AC277

    Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc. was a group comprised primarily of alumni investors, the mission of which was to maintain the preservation and beautification of the community surrounding the Princeton campus. The records document Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc.'s Palmer Square development project.

  • Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc. records. 1956-1957 (inclusive).

    Call Number: AC277

    Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc. was a group comprised primarily of alumni investors, the mission of which was to maintain the preservation and beautification of the community surrounding the Princeton campus. The records document Princeton Municipal Improvement, Inc.'s Palmer Square development project.