Princeton University. War Service Bureau.
Biography and History
The War Service Bureau was established early in 1943 as a means of maintaining contact with all Princeton undergraduate students, and some graduate students, during their war service. The Bureau was headed by Maurice Kelley and Minot C. Morgan, and had its headquarters at 305 Nassau Hall. Corresponding secretaries were established for each class. Secretaries were responsible for maintaining individual contact with students and making sure that each student received a copy of the Princeton Alumni Weekly and the War Service Bureau's monthly newsletter Tiger Tales. Secretaries also took care of the routine business matters of each class while so many students were away, and took over the publication of the Nassau Herald. The Bureau published the War Service Bureau Bulletins, a series of eleven pamphlets written to Princeton students serving in the military in order to address many of the concerns about the University while he was away and what would await him when he returned.
Source: From the finding aid for AC014
Call Number: AC014
The records of the War Service Bureau include a wide range of documentation for Princeton men who served in World War II. Materials include biographical, military and school-related information, as well as correspondence between the students and Princeton University staff, faculty and students, and subject files for the War Service Bureau office.