Princeton University. Council of the Humanities.
Biography and History
The Council of the Humanities was founded in 1953 at Princeton University to foster teaching, research and intellectual exchange. It brings together students, faculty, guest scholars, writers and artists in a wide variety of venues and sponsors a broad range of interdisciplinary courses, programs and initiatives, including the creative arts, media studies and the Society of Fellows. In the 1960s with a generous grant from the Ford Foundation, the Council of Humanities undertook a project to appraise American humanistic scholarship in the preceding decades. Thirty-five scholars participated, resulting in the fifteen-volume series The Princeton Studies: Humanistic Studies in America.
Source: From the finding aid for AC143
Call Number: AC143
The Council of the Humanities was founded in 1953 at Princeton University to foster teaching, research and intellectual exchange. Consists of materials collected and generated by the Council of the Humanities, including materials pertaining to the Ford Foundation Project.
Call Number: AC207
Since its founding in 1979, the Program in Hellenic Studies at Princeton University has aimed to promote and support the teaching and study of Byzantine and modern Greek civilization. The Program in Hellenic Studies Records document the academic and cultural offerings sponsored by the Program. The offerings include lectures, discussions, and colloquia led by faculty, fellows and visiting scholars, as well as concerts, exhibitions, and film screenings. The records also include annual reports of activities, lists of fellows, and related materials.