Hunter, Rose & Company.
Biography and History
In 1860 George Mclean Rose and Robert Hunter worked at the printing offices of Thompson & Co. in Quebec, Canada. The next year Rose and Hunter bought out the company. In 1864 Hunter, Rose & Company successfully bid in its own name on a five-year contract as legislative printers to the Province of Canada. In 1865/66 their offices moved to Ottawa and again to Toronto in 1871. In 1965 the company became a division of the Copp Clark Pitman Co., and in 1983 the Hunter, Rose & Company was dissolved.
Source: From the finding aid for C1085
Call Number: C1085
Consists of selected correspondence and some documents of the Canadian publisher Hunter, Rose & Company.