Princeton University. Princeton Print Club.
Biography and History
The Princeton Print Club was founded in late 1940 by a group of students seeking to advance the appreciation of graphic arts among the campus community. Yearly dues of five dollars provided members with a print of a campus scene, commissioned by an artist every year; invitations to special printmaking demonstrations and exhibitions; and the right to participate in the Print Club's borrowing program. The borrowing program allowed students, faculty, or staff to take home a single print from the club's collection for their own use for one year. The Print Club was very successful, attracting 180 members in its first year, however by the middle of the 1950s increased costs led to its eventual demise. Club founder Kneeland McNulty went on to become the Curator of Prints at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Source: From the finding aid for AC267
Call Number: AC267
The Princeton Print Club was founded in late 1940 by a group of students seeking to advance the appreciation of graphic arts among the campus community. The records consist of financial accounts, correspondence, and pamphlets which document the activities and membership of the Princeton Print Club