Princeton University. Food Services.
Biography and History
In 1954 the administration of Princeton University followed through on long-standing plans to create an official student center, renovating the former Chancellor Green and Pyne Libraries into the Chancellor Green Student Center. Due to its central location, size, and a program of constant improvement, the new student center was immensely popular among students, faculty, and staff alike. In addition to dining options the student center offered amenities and recreation such as a television, rock music, and games. The impact of the new student center was to somewhat lessen dependence upon the upperclass eating clubs as a source of social activity during the 1960s and 1970s.
Source: From the finding aid for AC314
Call Number: AC314
In 1954 the administration of Princeton University followed through on long-standing plans to create an official student center. The collection consists of one bound volume containing the detailed minutes of the Manager's Staff of the Chancellor Green Student Center from 1963-1964.