Scott, William Berryman, 1858-1947.
Biography and History
A graduate of Princeton University (1877), William Berryman Scott received his Ph.D. from the University of Heidelberg in 1880. A specialist in vertebrate paleontology, Scott was an authority on mammals and the Oligocene geologic period. He was Blair Professor of Geology at Princeton from 1886 to 1930.
Source: From the finding aid for C0265
Call Number: AC012
The Princeton Scientific Expeditions Collection brings together original materials from the university archives that document the work of various scientific expeditions conducted under the aegis of Princeton University and its corporate predecessors. The connection with the university ranges from enterprises duly authorized in the trustees' minutes to expeditionary tasks that happen to have been carried out by members of the university faculty, often with little official notice of Princeton as an institution.
Call Number: AC026
This collection contains scrapbooks created by Princeton students which document their social and academic activities while undergraduates.
Call Number: AC139
Established in 1904 as the Department of Geology, the Department of Geological and Geophysical Sciences (now known as the Department of Geosciences) has grown become the center for the study of Earth, atmospheric, oceanographic, and environmental sciences at Princeton. The records document the department from its 19th century origins to the recent past with departmental files, faculty files, faculty meeting minutes and visual materials.
Call Number: C0265
Consists of papers of William Berryman Scott (Princeton Class of 1877), an eminent vertebrate paleontologist and professor of geology at Princeton University.
Call Number: C0562
Contains field notes on Greek, Latin, and Semitic inscriptions taken by William Kelly Prentice (Princeton Class of 1892), Enno Littmann, and David Magie on the American Archaeological Expedition to Syria (AAES), 1899-1900, and the Princeton Archaeological Expeditions to Syria (PAES), 1904-1905 and 1909, all sponsored by Princeton University.