Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Subject Correspondence. Remove constraint Subject: Correspondence. Collector Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Remove constraint Collector: Princeton University. Library. Special Collections

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
World Press Freedom Committee
The World Press Freedom Committee (1976-2009) was an organization dedicated to monitoring threats to press freedom, focusing on major intergovernmental organizations, especially UNESCO. The WPFC served as a watchdog against limitations on press freedom and provided practical assistance programs to journalists abroad, especially in developing countries, to enable them to establish and maintain a free press. The World Press Freedom Committee Records document the administration and activities of the WPFC for its entire period of operations and include project files, meeting minutes, correspondence, and publications.
collection icon

Mario Vargas Llosa Papers, 1944-2010 (mostly 1958-1995)
C0641
230 linear feet 362 boxes 60 items

online icon
Vargas Llosa, Mario, 1936-
The Mario Vargas Llosa Papers consists of notebooks, manuscripts of novels, plays and screenplays, short stories, nonfiction, documents, correspondence, and printed and recorded material.
collection icon
online icon
United Service to China
The Records of United Service to China, Inc., known from 1941 to 1946 as United China Relief, Inc., document the activities of the organization from the early formation in 1940 to its official consolidation with the American Bureau for Medical Aid to China in 1966. In addition there is a limited amount of material from other Chinese relief agencies that predate the founding of United China Relief / United Service to China. The Records focus on UCR/USC attempts to raise money in the United States, to educate Americans about China and the Chinese people, and to carry on relief work in China. The collection consists primarily of correspondence among the various individuals and agencies involved with UCR/USC, along with other material produced by the agency, such as minutes and publicity material. In addition, the collection includes a series of photographs dealing with China during the 1940s and efforts in the United States to raise money for China during the same period.
collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.
collection icon
Schwed, Peter, 1911- .
Consists of 40 letters by various authors to Peter Schwed on the occasion of his retirement in 1982 as editor, publisher, and vice-president (1945-1982) of Simon and Schuster, Inc. Also present are brief comments on these letters by Schwed and a copy of his self-published Plum to Peter: Letters of P. G. Wodehouse to his Editor Peter Schwed (1996).
collection icon
Robertson Foundation.
The Robertson Foundation was established in 1961 to expand and support the graduate program of the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. Consists of materials from files of the Secretary of the Robertson Foundation, including Robertson Foundation Board of Trustees meeting minutes (1961-2009), Robertson Foundation chronological files (1959-2002), and miscellaneous Robertson Foundation Investment Committee materials (1961-1992).
collection icon
Rhomaïdès frères
The Willis M. Rivinus Papers contain research materials gathered by Rivinus documenting the legal case of Sally Frank v. Ivy Club, University Cottage Club, Tiger Inn and Trustees of Princeton University formally begun in February 1979 and continuing to the present. These papers contain correspondence, draft manuscripts of and notes for an article on the Frank Case, copies of legal briefs and newspaper clippings relating to discrimination in general and the Frank case in particular.
collection icon
Princeton University Society of the Claw.
The Society of the Claw Records describe the brief history of an organization created by the Class of 1894. Society members pledged to attend Princeton reunions annually, either for five-year periods or during their lifetimes. Members received a charm for their watch chains which included a genuine tiger claw to remind them of their pledge. The Society's principal long-term accomplishment was the proposal and subscription of the bronze stars placed on university dormitories in memory of World War I war dead.