Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Subject Minutes. Remove constraint Subject: Minutes. Genre Terms Correspondence. Remove constraint Genre Terms: Correspondence. Names Princeton university Remove constraint Names: Princeton university

Search Results

collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.
collection icon
Princeton University Society of the Claw.
The Society of the Claw Records describe the brief history of an organization created by the Class of 1894. Society members pledged to attend Princeton reunions annually, either for five-year periods or during their lifetimes. Members received a charm for their watch chains which included a genuine tiger claw to remind them of their pledge. The Society's principal long-term accomplishment was the proposal and subscription of the bronze stars placed on university dormitories in memory of World War I war dead.
collection icon

Admission Office Records, 1854-2017 (mostly 1922-1998)
AC152
42 boxes 2 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Admission Office has determined who should be allowed to enroll as undergraduates at Princeton University since 1922. The actual composition and the desired composition of each class have been contentious campus issues since the introduction of selective admission. The debates over the value of recruiting and admitting alumni sons, war veterans, athletes, disadvantaged students (especially racial minorities), and women are reflected in the records of the Admission Office. This collection includes a number of reports and minutes, some of which are restricted, news clippings and releases about Princeton admission, historical materials, and a series of Admission Office publications.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Triangle Club Board of Trustees, which is composed of Triangle Club alumni, was established in 1901 in order to promote the Club, enhance its reputation, make arrangements for the annual tour, and ensure a record of its activities. The collection documents the governance of the Triangle Club by its graduate Board of Trustees, particularly under the chairmanship of John Ball '52 (1973-1985), and includes bylaws, correspondence, reports and meeting agendas and minutes. The collection also includes minutes of the board of trustees meetings for 1983-1992 and 2006-2011.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Council of the Princeton University Community (CPUC) established the Special Committee on Sponsored Research (SCSR) in May 1970 to recommend policy regarding often conditional outside funding for research projects at the University. The committee was informally called the Kuhn Committee after its chairman, Professor Thomas S. Kuhn. The collection is comprised of materials collected and maintained by the chairman and his research assistant. Included are files intended for the committee's research purposes (Series 4 through 7), the chairman's personal committee files, a collection of reports and other committee output, and administrative documents and correspondence.
collection icon

William W. Lockwood Papers, 1919-1977
MC086
5 boxes 1 folder

Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The William W. Lockwood Papers document the American Institute of Pacific Relations and Lockwood's activities within the organization during the McCarthy era. A significant amount of the collection concerns the investigation of the Institute of Pacific Relations by Senators Joseph McCarthy and Pat McCarran. The collection also documents U.S.-Far East relations, particularly U.S.-Japanese trade and the Japanese textile industry.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
In January 1969, Princeton's trustees voted to make the undergraduate college coeducational, breaking the 224-year tradition of an all-male student body. The Patterson Committee, made up of faculty and administrators, had studied and advocated the change. The one dissenting voice on the committee was Arthur J. Horton '42, the university's director of development; he wrote a minority report and became a rallying point for those opposing the move. Horton's collection of materials on coeducation contains his annotated copy of the committee's report, his memoranda to the committee's chair and university administrators, official university releases and letters to alumni, and newspaper clippings regarding the change and campus issues in general. A quarter of the collection is letters from alumni, some welcoming coeducation but most strongly opposed.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
J. Douglas Brown (1898-1986) was an economist and Princeton University administrator who was an expert in the field of industrial relations, especially on the subjects of Social Security and personnel and manpower issues. He was one of the leaders in the development of the Social Security program and also served in the War Department during World War II on manpower issues. Brown's papers document his career as a government consultant, as a scholar, and as a university administrator and include his correspondence and writings, reports, meeting minutes, notes, and publications.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
The Office of General Counsel, established in 1972, provides legal counsel to officers and departments of the University, and serves as legal representative for the University in litigation, administrative matters, and transactions. The records contain correspondence, memoranda, interview transcripts, administrative material relating to the Office of General Counsel and other departments, legal documents, grant and tax reports, legal briefs, affidavits, depositions, as well as litigation material involving estates, trusts, gifts, University employees, and various individuals and corporations.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Council of the Princeton University Community.
The Council of the Princeton University Community (CPUC) was born out of the Special Committee on the Structure of the University established by President Robert F. Goheen in May 1968. CPUC is primarily a deliberative and consultative body, with the authority to "consider and investigate" university policy, governance, and any general issue related to the welfare of the University. Much of the work of the Council takes place through its standing committees: the Executive Committee, the Committee on Rights and Rules, the Committee on Governance, the Committee on Priorities, the Committee on Resources, and the Judicial Committee.