Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Subject Scrapbooks. Remove constraint Subject: Scrapbooks. Collector Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Remove constraint Collector: Princeton University. Library. Special Collections

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
United Service to China
The Records of United Service to China, Inc., known from 1941 to 1946 as United China Relief, Inc., document the activities of the organization from the early formation in 1940 to its official consolidation with the American Bureau for Medical Aid to China in 1966. In addition there is a limited amount of material from other Chinese relief agencies that predate the founding of United China Relief / United Service to China. The Records focus on UCR/USC attempts to raise money in the United States, to educate Americans about China and the Chinese people, and to carry on relief work in China. The collection consists primarily of correspondence among the various individuals and agencies involved with UCR/USC, along with other material produced by the agency, such as minutes and publicity material. In addition, the collection includes a series of photographs dealing with China during the 1940s and efforts in the United States to raise money for China during the same period.
collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.
collection icon
Sesquicentennial Celebration Committee
The collection consists of materials relating to the three-day Sesquicentennial Celebration in October 1896, at which the College of New Jersey became Princeton University. In addition to ephemera and printed material distributed at the celebration, the collection includes a typescript draft of President Francis Landey Patton's sermon, sesquicentennial memorial books, a published sketchbook, official congratulations from other institutions, and press releases and newspaper clippings reporting the events.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Joshua Butler Wright Papers (1909-1938) document a thirty year diplomatic career in legations and embassies of the United States in Europe and South America and as Assistant Secretary of State under President Calvin Coolidge. The Collection contains correspondence, documents, publications and most notably, diaries reflecting Wright's impressions of various official and non-official activities.
collection icon

Alfred A. Woodhull Collection, 1776-1916
C0358
8 boxes 7.5 linear feet

Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Consists of works, correspondence, genealogical information, photographs, miscellaneous material, and printed works of surgeon and medical inspector Alfred A. Woodhull (Princeton Class of 1856).
collection icon

Herbert Witherspoon Scrapbooks, 1896-1917
TC088
2 boxes 2.5 linear feet

Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Herbert Witherspoon Scrapbooks consists of newspaper clippings and programs relating to the musical career of Witherspoon, a Metropolitan Opera basso and performer of songs in recital.
collection icon

Bretaigne Windust Collection, 1929-1958
TC087
10 boxes 6.4 linear feet

Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Contains records concerning plays directed by Bretaigne Windust (Princeton Class of 1929), mainly for the University Players, of which he was a co-founder.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Kurt Weitzmann left his native Germany in 1935 for Princeton where he spent the remainder of his life, at the Institute for Advanced Study as a permanent member (1935-1972) and as a professor in Princeton University's Dept. of Art and Archaeology (1945-1972). Included are personal and professional correspondence, related files, course outlines, lectures, manuscripts and notes for various published works, scrapbooks of clippings, and printed matter.