Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Subject Scrapbooks. Remove constraint Subject: Scrapbooks. Genre Terms Correspondence. Remove constraint Genre Terms: Correspondence. Names University Archives Remove constraint Names: University Archives

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Bicentennial Celebration Committee.
The Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration was a year-long series of events that began on September 22, 1946 with a sermon delivered by Geoffrey Francis Fisher, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, in the University Chapel and ended with an address by President Truman in front of Nassau Hall at the June 17, 1947 Concluding Bicentennial Convocation. The Bicentennial Celebration Records contain correspondence, writings, speeches, press-releases, pamphlets, reports, newspaper clippings, tickets, transcripts, watercolor and pencil sketches and various other materials documenting the 1946-1947 Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Davis Spencer (1924-2005), a member of the Class of 1945, rowed on Princeton's freshman and varsity crews, and coached the 150-pound crew team that won the Royal Henley Regatta in 1948. The papers document Princeton's varsity 150-pound crew team as competitors and victors of the 1948 Royal Henley Regatta.
collection icon

Department of English Records, 1872-2017
AC134
34 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton university, Department of English
The papers of Princeton University's English Department document the many varied aspects of one of Princeton's largest academic departments. With some writings that pre-date the Department's formal establishment in 1904, the collection includes faculty meeting and sub-committee minutes; faculty personnel papers and correspondence; the papers of many prominent faculty members, which include class lectures, syllabi, and original scholarship; records of departmental majors; student work; and scrapbooks of publicity and memorabilia about the Department, its faculty, staff, and students, both undergraduate and graduate.
collection icon

Graduate School Records, 1870-2015 (mostly 1890-1995)
AC127
77 boxes 6511 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
The Graduate School at Princeton offers masters and doctorate programs in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering. The Graduate School Records consist of minutes, correspondence, reports, writings, applications, surveys, and memoranda, as well as forms, course listings, and information on examinations and fees.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Hedges family produced three Princetonians in two generations: Benjamin van Doren Hedges (1866-1930, Princeton class of 1888) and his sons Benjamin van Doren Hedges (1907-1969, Princeton class of 1930) and Robert W. Hedges (1908-1950, Princeton class of 1931). This collection contains scrapbooks, to all three Hedges family Princetonians, as well as several other family members, including materials produced at Princeton and elsewhere.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The John D. Davies Collection on Hobey Baker, located in the University Archives, contains research materials gathered by Davies for the publication, The Legend of Hobey Baker (Little, Brown Company, 1966). These papers contain correspondence, research notes, manuscript drafts, photographs and printed material pertaining to Hobey A. H. Baker's career as an athlete at St. Paul's Preparatory School, at Princeton University, and as a member of the American Expeditionary Force during World War I. Baker died in an airplane crash in 1918.
collection icon

McCarter Theatre Records, 1922-2016
AC131
209 boxes 1 folder 6 items

online icon
McCarter Theatre Center (Princeton, N.J.)
The McCarter Theatre was conceived as a permanent home for the Princeton University Triangle Club. McCarter began as a booking theater but ultimately moved into producing its own performances. The McCarter Theatre records document the history of the McCarter Theatre, including administration, performances and productions, and the building itself.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
This collection contains records relating to Princeton University presidents from Jonathan Dickinson, who served in this capacity from 1746 to 1747, to Harold W. Dodds, whose tenure spanned the period from 1933 to 1957. It brings together both primary and secondary materials pertaining to individual presidents as well as the office of the president itself. The Princeton University Presidents' Records document the lives and accomplishments of each president with varying completeness, as well as the functions of their office.
collection icon
online icon
American Whig-Cliosophic Society
The American Whig-Cliosophic Society (1941-present) is a literary, political and debating society which has had an important impact on the lives of generations of Princeton students. It provides students with both social alternatives and an opportunity to develop skills not emphasized by the University curriculum. The contents of the initial group of records were acquired between 1941 and 1993 in agreements between Princeton University and the American Whig-Cliosophic Society. The library initially cataloged some of these records into the P Collection. Subsequently, an attempt was made to organize some of these records in 1975.
collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.