Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Collector Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Remove constraint Collector: Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Creator Princeton University. Athletics Department. Remove constraint Creator: Princeton University. Athletics Department.

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
The Dillon Gym Library was housed in Dillon Gym, which opened in 1947. Dillon Gym is now mainly used as the headquarters for the Campus Recreation program, and includes various administrative and varsity athletic coaches' offices. The majority of the collection is made up of published material such as athletic handbooks, rule guides and technique charts; athletic organization convention and conference reports; and university publications (sports schedules and programs, admissions material, faculty, staff, and alumni guides and fundraising publications). The collection contains several areas of focus—notably, material on women's sports at Princeton.
collection icon
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
Formed in the fall of 1972 under the direction of Coach Penny Hinckley, the Princeton Women's Lacrosse team was the first women's team at Princeton to reach an NCAA Final. The collection documents the history of the Princeton Women's Lacrosse team and contains a variety of records including clippings, statistics, schedules, practice notes, and a number of videorecordings of games. Also included are a limited amount of videorecordings, photographs and publications on women's field hockey.
collection icon
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
The sprint football program at Princeton (sometimes known as lightweight football) has operated since 1933. The collection consists of 196 videotapes (VHS format) of Sprint Football games and one video transfer of a 1947 varsity football game film.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
These records document the struggle to establish a women's golf program at Princeton University in the 1970s and its development since that time. Records include correspondence, memoranda, notes and clippings pertaining to Women's Golf at Princeton and Betty Whelan Donovan's tenure as creator and coach of the organization.