Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Collector Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Remove constraint Collector: Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Names University Archives Remove constraint Names: University Archives

Search Results

collection icon
Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation was founded in 1945 at Princeton University with the mission of encouraging capable candidates to pursue careers as college teachers. The records consist of clippings and programs about the Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Program as well as reports, samples of forms and applications, and lists of past recipients.
collection icon
online icon
University Players
The collection consists mainly of playbills, photographs, and clippings of press announcements and reviews of the University Players, a youthful group of Princetonians aspiring toward careers in the performing arts. Not entirely comprised of Princeton alumni and undergraduates, however, the organization provided experience and training for many hopefuls who have in fact succeeded in that goal. Taking its name from an earlier group with the same ambitions and who also made great contributions to American theatre and film, it provided the Princeton community with some exciting and meritorious summer theatre for more than a decade.
collection icon
University Hotel (Princeton, N.J.)
The University Hotel existed at the corner of Railroad Avenue (today University Place) and Nassau Street from 1876-1887. Consists of three volumes of guest registers from the University Hotel.
collection icon
United States. Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps
Princeton University's Navy Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) program was started in 1946 amidst a wave of enthusiasm for the ROTC that followed World War II. The collection consists of publications, bulletins, course materials, and manuals pertaining to the Navy ROTC program at Princeton.
collection icon
The Papers of Thomas Jefferson Editorial Office.
The Thomas Jefferson Papers Project was conceived of in 1943 by Princeton University history professor Julian P. Boyd, who was serving at the time as the historian of the Thomas Jefferson Bicentennial Commission. Contained in the records is correspondence with Princeton presidents Harold T. Dodds and Robert F. Goheen, who were active advisors in the early years of the project. Also included are financial records, including Boyd's original cost estimations for the project. Other materials consist of an initial project proposal, annual reports, directives on handling of materials, typography, and editing procedures, and some photographs.
collection icon
Students for Prison Education and Reform
Students for Prison Education and Reform (SPEAR) is a student organization that works to empower students to advocate for prison reform on issues such as mass incarceration, educational opportunities for prisoners, solitary confinement, the death penalty, and related issues. The SPEAR records consist of documents used by the leadership team of the organization to advance its mission including meeting minutes, planning documents, documents that outline the goals and aspirations of the organization, and materials relating to the organizational structure of the group.
collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.
collection icon
Steering Committee for the 20th Anniversary of Undergraduate Coeducation at Princeton
In the Fall of 1998, President Harold T. Shapiro, recognizing that many groups, individuals, and organizations were interested in planning events and projects related to the 20th anniversary of undergraduate coeducation, appointed a Steering Committee to coordinate and help support these activities. These records document the planning, implementation, and assessment of the actions of the Steering Committee.
collection icon
Sesquicentennial Celebration Committee
The collection consists of materials relating to the three-day Sesquicentennial Celebration in October 1896, at which the College of New Jersey became Princeton University. In addition to ephemera and printed material distributed at the celebration, the collection includes a typescript draft of President Francis Landey Patton's sermon, sesquicentennial memorial books, a published sketchbook, official congratulations from other institutions, and press releases and newspaper clippings reporting the events.
collection icon
Rose Photography Studio.
The Rose Photography Studio of Princeton, New Jersey was founded in 1873 by Royal Hill Rose, and was operated by successive generations of the Rose family until 1951. The studio provided photography services for the Princeton community as well as Princeton University. The collection consists of approximately 700 glass-plate negatives of images of Princeton University taken by the Rose Photography Studio. The negatives depict campus events, alumni reunions, class photographs, and student groups.