Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Creator Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Remove constraint Creator: Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Genre Terms Scrapbooks. Remove constraint Genre Terms: Scrapbooks.

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
American Whig-Cliosophic Society
The American Whig-Cliosophic Society (1941-present) is a literary, political and debating society which has had an important impact on the lives of generations of Princeton students. It provides students with both social alternatives and an opportunity to develop skills not emphasized by the University curriculum. The contents of the initial group of records were acquired between 1941 and 1993 in agreements between Princeton University and the American Whig-Cliosophic Society. The library initially cataloged some of these records into the P Collection. Subsequently, an attempt was made to organize some of these records in 1975.
collection icon
online icon
Blair family
The collection consists of the personal and family papers of five members of the Blair and Lee families of Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia -- Francis Preston Blair (1791-1876); his daughter, Elizabeth Blair Lee (1818-1906); her husband, Samuel Phillips Lee (1812-1897); their son, Blair Lee (1857-1944, Princeton Class of 1880); and his cousin, Andrew Alexander Blair (1848-1932) -- reflecting their various political, journalistic, naval, family, business, legal, and domestic interests.
collection icon

Chambers Family Papers, 1772-1962
C0402
22 boxes 9.4 linear feet

Chambers family.
Consists of diaries, correspondence, documents, scrapbooks, and printed matter of the Chambers family of Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
collection icon

Council on Foreign Relations Records, 1918-2018
MC104
702 boxes 22 items 311 Reels

online icon
Council on foreign relations
The Council on Foreign Relations is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research and national membership organization dedicated to improving understanding of international affairs by promoting a range of ideas and opinions on United States foreign policy. The Council has had a significant impact in the development of twentieth century United States foreign policy. The Records of the Council on Foreign Relations document the history of the organization from its founding in 1921 through the present. The collection includes valuable source documents and records of the meetings, group discussions and studies, and conferences of the Council, as well as portions of its administrative records.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Bicentennial Celebration Committee.
The Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration was a year-long series of events that began on September 22, 1946 with a sermon delivered by Geoffrey Francis Fisher, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, in the University Chapel and ended with an address by President Truman in front of Nassau Hall at the June 17, 1947 Concluding Bicentennial Convocation. The Bicentennial Celebration Records contain correspondence, writings, speeches, press-releases, pamphlets, reports, newspaper clippings, tickets, transcripts, watercolor and pencil sketches and various other materials documenting the 1946-1947 Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration.
collection icon

Department of English Records, 1872-2017
AC134
34 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton university, Department of English
The papers of Princeton University's English Department document the many varied aspects of one of Princeton's largest academic departments. With some writings that pre-date the Department's formal establishment in 1904, the collection includes faculty meeting and sub-committee minutes; faculty personnel papers and correspondence; the papers of many prominent faculty members, which include class lectures, syllabi, and original scholarship; records of departmental majors; student work; and scrapbooks of publicity and memorabilia about the Department, its faculty, staff, and students, both undergraduate and graduate.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Organized competitive athletics appeared on the Princeton campus in the 1850s and 1860s through the formation of intramural and intercollegiate athletics clubs which evolved over the ensuing century into the modern collegiate athletic system. The collection consists of scrapbooks and sets of clippings about sports and athletes at Princeton.