Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Genre Terms Correspondence. Remove constraint Genre Terms: Correspondence. Names University Archives Remove constraint Names: University Archives

Search Results

collection icon

Physics Department Records, 1909-2015
AC133
36 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Physics.
The records of the Physics Department document the scientific and teaching activities of Princeton University physicists from 1909 to 1962. While routine activities such as the hiring of faculty and the education of graduate and undergraduate students are recorded, these records also detail the Department's activities in early studies of theoretical physics, as well as its participation in World War II research activities. There is also a small amount of material that documents Milton White's efforts toward builing the cyclotron (1936).
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton Action for Chile (PAC) was a student organization established in October of 1976 following the assassination of Chilean diplomat Orlando Letelier in Washington, D.C. The collection consists of flyers, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and publications collected following the assassination that document resistance and responses to the Chilean junta under General Pinochet.
collection icon
Princeton University. Alumni Association of Princeton. Princeton Prize in Race Relations.
The Princeton Prize in Race Relations was established in 2003 by alumni volunteers to recognize and encourage high school students who have made efforts to improve racial harmony. The Princeton Prize in Race Relations Records consist of the files of the founder of the Princeton Prize, Henry Von Kohorn '66.
collection icon
online icon
American Whig-Cliosophic Society
The American Whig-Cliosophic Society (1941-present) is a literary, political and debating society which has had an important impact on the lives of generations of Princeton students. It provides students with both social alternatives and an opportunity to develop skills not emphasized by the University curriculum. The contents of the initial group of records were acquired between 1941 and 1993 in agreements between Princeton University and the American Whig-Cliosophic Society. The library initially cataloged some of these records into the P Collection. Subsequently, an attempt was made to organize some of these records in 1975.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
John Maclean, Jr. was a professor, vice president, and president of Princeton University. The Princeton University Archives John Maclean, Jr. Collection consists of letters to and from John Maclean regarding the history of the College of New Jersey as well as family matters.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
The Princeton University Library Collection of Historical Subject Files, Grounds and Buildings contains information relating to the buildings, grounds, and architects of Princeton University. The collection also includes information on the development of the campus and the various chronologies of construction and land acquisition that have been gathered.
collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
This collection contains a compilation of material relating to student activism and the student publication the Progressive Review. The collection highlights the student body's campus and international awareness and documents the left-of-center perspective held by the Progressive Review and numerous students.
collection icon
Robertson Foundation.
The Robertson Foundation was established in 1961 to expand and support the graduate program of the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. Consists of materials from files of the Secretary of the Robertson Foundation, including Robertson Foundation Board of Trustees meeting minutes (1961-2009), Robertson Foundation chronological files (1959-2002), and miscellaneous Robertson Foundation Investment Committee materials (1961-1992).