Princeton University Archives

Princeton University Archives

Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library
Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library
65 Olden Street
Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
(609) 258-6345

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Genre Terms Scrapbooks. Remove constraint Genre Terms: Scrapbooks. Names Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Remove constraint Names: Princeton University. Library. Special Collections Repository Princeton University Archives Remove constraint Repository: Princeton University Archives

Search Results

collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Davis Spencer (1924-2005), a member of the Class of 1945, rowed on Princeton's freshman and varsity crews, and coached the 150-pound crew team that won the Royal Henley Regatta in 1948. The papers document Princeton's varsity 150-pound crew team as competitors and victors of the 1948 Royal Henley Regatta.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Bicentennial Celebration Committee.
The Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration was a year-long series of events that began on September 22, 1946 with a sermon delivered by Geoffrey Francis Fisher, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, in the University Chapel and ended with an address by President Truman in front of Nassau Hall at the June 17, 1947 Concluding Bicentennial Convocation. The Bicentennial Celebration Records contain correspondence, writings, speeches, press-releases, pamphlets, reports, newspaper clippings, tickets, transcripts, watercolor and pencil sketches and various other materials documenting the 1946-1947 Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Alexander Leitch was a member of the Princeton Class of 1924 and an administrator at Princeton University for the entirety of his professional career, most notably holding the Office of the Secretary from 1933 to 1963. Consists of 55 oversized scrapbooks assembled by Alexander Leitch '24 during his career as a Princeton University administrator.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Organized competitive athletics appeared on the Princeton campus in the 1850s and 1860s through the formation of intramural and intercollegiate athletics clubs which evolved over the ensuing century into the modern collegiate athletic system. The collection consists of scrapbooks and sets of clippings about sports and athletes at Princeton.
collection icon
online icon
American Whig-Cliosophic Society
The American Whig-Cliosophic Society (1941-present) is a literary, political and debating society which has had an important impact on the lives of generations of Princeton students. It provides students with both social alternatives and an opportunity to develop skills not emphasized by the University curriculum. The contents of the initial group of records were acquired between 1941 and 1993 in agreements between Princeton University and the American Whig-Cliosophic Society. The library initially cataloged some of these records into the P Collection. Subsequently, an attempt was made to organize some of these records in 1975.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The John D. Davies Collection on Hobey Baker, located in the University Archives, contains research materials gathered by Davies for the publication, The Legend of Hobey Baker (Little, Brown Company, 1966). These papers contain correspondence, research notes, manuscript drafts, photographs and printed material pertaining to Hobey A. H. Baker's career as an athlete at St. Paul's Preparatory School, at Princeton University, and as a member of the American Expeditionary Force during World War I. Baker died in an airplane crash in 1918.
collection icon
Sesquicentennial Celebration Committee
The collection consists of materials relating to the three-day Sesquicentennial Celebration in October 1896, at which the College of New Jersey became Princeton University. In addition to ephemera and printed material distributed at the celebration, the collection includes a typescript draft of President Francis Landey Patton's sermon, sesquicentennial memorial books, a published sketchbook, official congratulations from other institutions, and press releases and newspaper clippings reporting the events.
collection icon

Department of English Records, 1872-2017
AC134
34 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton university, Department of English
The papers of Princeton University's English Department document the many varied aspects of one of Princeton's largest academic departments. With some writings that pre-date the Department's formal establishment in 1904, the collection includes faculty meeting and sub-committee minutes; faculty personnel papers and correspondence; the papers of many prominent faculty members, which include class lectures, syllabi, and original scholarship; records of departmental majors; student work; and scrapbooks of publicity and memorabilia about the Department, its faculty, staff, and students, both undergraduate and graduate.
collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.