Charter granting a carucate of land in Peneberi, to Elias, son of Robert, of the Pendlebury family. The land is now in Pendlebury, within the city of Salford, Greater Manchester, formerly Lancashire. Witnesses include Archbishop Geoffrey of York, the bishops of Salisbury and St. Andrews, Earl Robert of Leicester, and others. Confirms the grant made by John as the earl of Mortain. Given under the hands of Archdeacon Simon of Wells and John de Gray at Le Mans, October 9, 1199. Parchment, 12.0 x 18.0 cm. Great Seal of the Realm (pendant, on cord), with losses. The charter was formerly the property of Mrs. P. Kirwan. Mounted.