Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Princeton University. Remove constraint Names: Princeton University.

Search Results

collection icon

Woodrow Wilson School Policy Seminar Papers, 1930-2018
AC103
96 boxes 1 item 662 Volumes

Princeton School of Public and International Affairs
The undergraduate Policy Seminar is one of the defining elements of the academic curriculum of Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. The records consist of the final reports, as well as some syllabi and course materials from the policy seminars and a short-lived graduate-level program from the 1960s.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Sir W. Arthur Lewis (1915-1991) was a pioneer in the field of economic development and a leading authority on economic growth in developing countries and associated political and social changes. He was a professor at the University of Manchester and Princeton University and served as an advisor to several governments. Lewis, who was from the Caribbean, also broke through racial barriers in the academic world throughout his career. Lewis's papers document his career as a scholar and as an economic advisor and include his professional correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, and writings.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Office of Physical Planning is one of several branches that together comprise the University's Department of Facilities. Consists of architectural surveys of the University Chapel with details of the window bays and the exterior facade, as well as photographs, slides, and microfilm documenting the work done on each window and sculpture during the 2000-2001 restoration, and day logs recording daily progress.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton university
Consists of personal files of former undergraduate students of Princeton University. Information in each file varies greatly but can include the names of relatives, notable achievements and news items, address updates, and obituaries.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Dances at Princeton, especially popular in the years prior to the Second World War, were generally held in the gymnasium and were organized by a committee of faculty and staff. This collection consists of materials documenting dances attended by the students of Princeton University in the late 19th and early 20th century.
collection icon
Steering Committee for the 20th Anniversary of Undergraduate Coeducation at Princeton
In the Fall of 1998, President Harold T. Shapiro, recognizing that many groups, individuals, and organizations were interested in planning events and projects related to the 20th anniversary of undergraduate coeducation, appointed a Steering Committee to coordinate and help support these activities. These records document the planning, implementation, and assessment of the actions of the Steering Committee.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Statistical Unit at Princeton University was founded in 1961 for purpose of collecting and analyzing student data regarding education, career plans, and pre-college and post-graduate attitudes and life. The records consist of research reports and administrative bulletins of the Statistical Unit.
collection icon
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
The sprint football program at Princeton (sometimes known as lightweight football) has operated since 1933. The collection consists of 196 videotapes (VHS format) of Sprint Football games and one video transfer of a 1947 varsity football game film.
collection icon

Senior Thesis Collection, 1926-2021
AC102
61615 Volumes 923 boxes

Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
Since its introduction in the mid-1920s the senior thesis has been a core element of the undergraduate curriculum at Princeton University. The collection contains the senior theses of Princeton undergraduates.
collection icon
Princeton University. Department of Economics
Since its founding as part of the Department of History, Politics, and Economics in 1904, Princeton University's Department of Economics has acquired a worldwide reputation for research and scholarship, attracting faculty and students alike. he collection consists of papers produced by department faculty and doctoral candidates as part of the Department of Economics' Seminar on Research in Progress.
collection icon

School of Architecture Records, 1935-2015
AC137
29 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The School of Architecture, previously known as the School of Architecture and Urban Planning, is Princeton University's academic unit dedicated to the teaching and study of architecture and related topics. The records include subject files, correspondence, course descriptions, and other administrative materials, as well as records from the Bureau of Urban Research and its successor, the Research Center for Urban and Environmental Planning.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Robert Garrett Papers consists of correspondence and documents primarily concerning the Robert Garrett Collection and other collecting interests of Garrett, Princeton Class of 1897.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Richardson Auditorium (formerly known as Alexander Hall) is Princeton University's premiere performance venue for a wide variety of events including concerts, plays, lectures, and dance performances. The collection consists of programs for performances and other events held at Richardson Auditorium.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Office of Community and Regional Affairs oversees a variety of programs geared towards strengthening ties between the University and the surrounding communities, including a continuing education program for area residents. The records contain advertisements, faculty committee minutes, fundraising reports, statistics on attendance, director's files, and scholarship applications.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton University faculty have long participated in pedagogical and research activities aimed at improving education and knowledge production at all levels. This collection consists of program materials and reports from summer institutes and curriculum development programs based at Princeton University, which were aimed at improving the education of primary and secondary school students, as well as specialized training programs for scientific researchers.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton students have formed clubs for social, charitable, religious, political and other purposes nearly since the school's founding. Princeton University Student Clubs Records, 1821-1926 consists of bound volumes including minute books, financial ledgers, and other record books from student-organized campus clubs including the Nassau Hall Education Society (1821-1839), Literary Sharpshooters (1887-1888), the Philosophical Club (1889-1894), the Hill Club (1900-1904), and the Internaional Polity Club (1914-1926).
collection icon

Princeton University Publications Collection, 1748-2016
AC364
154 boxes 6 digital files 1 website

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Princeton University Publications collection contains issues of nearly 150 different periodicals published by the university and related organizations, as well as a few items published by others about the university, that have not been cataloged individually.
collection icon

Princeton University Class Records, 1798-2016
AC130
497 boxes 9 folders 8 items 3996 digital files

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
The Class Records consist of a diverse set of materials documenting the history and activities of Princeton University classes during their time as undergraduates and as alumni. In the collection are correspondence, newsletters, publications, photographs, and memorabilia, all of which pertain to a particular Princeton University graduating class and its members.
collection icon
Princeton University. Balloon Club.
The Princeton University Balloon Club was the creation of Gordon Sadler '76, who sought to create an organization on campus that would provide students, alumni, faculty, and staff with the ability to participate in the increasingly popular activity of ballooning. The records consist of a scrapbook documenting the existence of the Princeton University Balloon Club.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Organized competitive athletics appeared on the Princeton campus in the 1850s and 1860s through the formation of intramural and intercollegiate athletics clubs which evolved over the ensuing century into the modern collegiate athletic system. The collection consists of scrapbooks and sets of clippings about sports and athletes at Princeton.
collection icon
Princeton university
Princeton University mounted an exhibition booth including photographs and information about the school at the Exposition Universelle Internationale de 1900, a world's fair held in Paris, France between April and November 1900. The collection includes photographs, graphic charts, and wall labels used in the exhibition, as well as an official certificate awarded to Princeton University for its exhibition.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Student Aid Association was formed in 1866 as the Princeton Charitable Institution by a group of trustees and faculty for the purpose of furnishing needy beneficiaries with the housing, textbooks, and other material items necessary for a collegiate education. The records contain the minutes, financial records, by-laws, and correspondence of the Princeton Student Aid Association and its predecessor, the Princeton Charitable Institution.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Princeton Print Club was founded in late 1940 by a group of students seeking to advance the appreciation of graphic arts among the campus community. The records consist of financial accounts, correspondence, and pamphlets which document the activities and membership of the Princeton Print Club.
collection icon
Princeton Playgoers, Inc.
Princeton Playgoers, Inc. was a theater production company formed in 1942, during the wartime period when the engagements of Triangle Club were limited. The records consist of financial records, correspondence, records of ticket sales, advertisements, contracts, and other materials documenting the planning and production of plays at McCarter Theatre in the summer of 1942.
collection icon

Princeton in Africa Records, 2001-2016
AC389
1 box 31768 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton in Africa (PiAf) is an independent affiliate of Princeton University that seeks to develop young leaders and advance Africa through humanitarian efforts. Collection consists of newsletters, bulletins, invitations to annual benefit, publications, news releases, promotional materials, and fundraising materials.
collection icon
Princeton Crusader Fellowship.
The Princeton Crusader Fellowship is a Christian reform organization founded by a group of Princeton students on Commencement Day in 1912. The records consist of member lists, constitutions, speeches, articles, newsletters, and correspondence of the Princeton Crusader Fellowship.
collection icon
Princeton university
Princeton University, then known as the College of New Jersey at Princeton, mounted an exhibition booth at the World's Columbian Exposition, a world's fair held in Chicago from May to October 1893. The collection includes three certificates from the U.S. Congress honoring Princeton for the exhibit, three copies of a photograph of Dr. and Mrs. McCosh seated in the exhibit booth, a written proposal for the exhibit, layout plans for the exhibit, and two bound registers containing the autographs and home cities of visitors to the exhibit.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton: A Search for Answers is a 1973 recruiting film produced for the Princeton University Undergraduate Admissions Office by Julian Krainin and DeWitt Sage. The collection consists of outtakes and film trims created during the editing process for Princeton: A Search for Answers, as well as a small number of documents related to the making of the film.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University.
The Princeton and Slavery Project Records include materials created and compiled by students in the Spring and Fall of 2013 in the course Princeton and Slavery, HIST 402, as well as materials from the Princeton and Slavery Project that emerged from the course--in particular, the Princeton and Slavery Project Symposium of November, 2017.
collection icon

Politics in Mexico, II, 1968-2008
LAE098
11 boxes 7.6 linear feet

Princeton University.
This collection of ephemera from Mexico consists of pamphlets, flyers, serials, and election paraphernalia printed between 1968 and 2008, but the bulk of the materials dates from the early 1990s to 2006.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Philip Ober was a member of the Princeton University Class of 1923. The papers contain color photographs of Ober, his wife, and Elizabeth Taylor; newspaper clippings describing Ober's work to free American prisoners in a Mexican jail; and obituaries and letters of condolences sent to his wife.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Organization of Women Leaders(OWL) is a student-founded, student-run non-profit organization at Princeton University dedicated to the discussion of issues affecting women on campus, in local communities, and worldwide. The records consist of organizational materials documenting the inaugural year of the Organization of Women Leaders.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Orange Key is a volunteer student organization that provides campus tours. The collection consists of records that document the activities of the Orange Key Guide Service, including tour routes, lists of tour guides, guide selection information, subject files, training materials, and procedure manuals, as well as a card index of buildings, inscriptions, sculptures, and other physical gifts donated to the University assembled by Orange Key Office as a reference for campus tour guides.
collection icon

Office of the Vice President and Secretary Records, 1853-2017 (mostly 1901-1985)
AC190
180 boxes 1 folder 12 items 3533 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
This collection chronicles the administrative responsibilities and activities of the vice presidents and secretaries of the University. Included are correspondence, memoranda, and notes concerning committee activities. Also included are press releases, discussions pertaining to trustee matters, scholarship information, and biographical files on honorary degree recipients.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Office of the Registrar is the administrative office of Princeton University responsible for the collection and maintenance of the academic records of the student body, as well as the establishment of course and examination schedules and the collection of fees related to matriculation and registration. The records contain the academic records of individual students, subject files on topics related to admissions and matriculation, statistical reports, and other official documents issued by the Office of the Registrar.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Office of the Executive Vice President was created by the Board of Trustees in 2005 to administer several existing offices, including campus life, human resources, public safety, and facilities among others. The records consist primarily of correspondence documenting the office's interactions with other administrative offices, academic departments, and advisory councils.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Originally established in 1912 as the Self-Help Bureau, the Office of Career Services is an organizational unit of the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life that provides career resources and programming for both undergraduate and graduate students. The records include three bound volumes of annual reports from the Princeton University Office of Career Services spanning the years 1943 to 1977. Topics covered include alumni appointments, work-study, study services and academic support.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
In 1946 the University unveiled a memorial to those students who had been lost during the Second World War in Nassau Hall. The records document the planning and execution of the memorial including pictures, preliminary lists of honorees, correspondence with parents and campus groups, and programs from the memorial's unveiling ceremony.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The collection consists of letters by American educator and playwright Louis Ellsworth Laflin (Princeton Class of 1924) to George R. Kernodle (a friend from Yale Drama School), written over thirty-three years. Also included are Laflin's notes and papers on Asian/Indian, Egyptian, and Greek drama, copies of six plays written by him, and copies of two essays on the founding and history of Princeton's Theatre Intime.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Kenneth Sherman Clark was a member of the Princeton Class of 1905 and an active participant in Triangle Club during his time at Princeton. Consists of the personal papers and sheet music of Kenneth Sherman Clark spanning his time at Princeton as well as his later career.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Described by University President William G. Bowen as a "cross between a curator, a ringmaster, and a storyteller," Frederic Ewing Fox was the only man to ever occupy the office of Keeper of Princetoniana at Princeton University. The collection consists primarily of Fox's correspondence with alumni, faculty, and administrators during his tenure as Keeper of Princetoniana.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
John Foster Dulles (1888-1959), was a graduate of the Princeton Class of 1908 who served as Secretary of State of the United States for President Dwight D. Eisenhower. The John Foster Dulles Collection consists of a small group of materials documenting Dulles' connection to Princeton, including materials on his undergraduate career and the Dulles Library.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
John Cleve Green was a Princeton-area businessman and investor who was a notable benefactor of Princeton College primarily during the administration of President James McCosh. The John Cleve Green Collection consists of research materials compiled regarding the life of John Cleve Green and his contributions to Princeton University.
collection icon

Jean Labatut Papers, 1915-1983 (mostly 1920-1979)
C0709
102 boxes 62.5 linear feet

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Jean Labatut Papers consists of the professional papers of Jean Labatut (1899-1986), which include correspondence with prominent twentieth-century architects, landscape architects, and designers, the architectural files for his major and minor projects, and the administrative papers and teaching materials that he accumulated while he was the Director of Graduate Studies in Architecture at Princeton University (1928-1967), the position for which he is best remembered. Also included are Labatut's family papers, containing albums of photographs compiled by his sister-in-law, Mrs. Elliott F. Shepard, while she helped to operate a convalescence home founded by her husband in France for soldiers in World War I.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
James W. Alexander, member of the Princeton class of 1860, was a prominent New York City insurance official and financier, an active alumnus, and a member of the Princeton Board of Trustees. The collection consists of 19 scrapbooks containing clippings about Princeton University from Philadelphia, New York and Princeton newspapers, arranged chronologically with occasional correspondence and ephemera from the University.