Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Princeton University. Remove constraint Names: Princeton University.

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
Princeton University.
The Princeton and Slavery Project Records include materials created and compiled by students in the Spring and Fall of 2013 in the course Princeton and Slavery, HIST 402, as well as materials from the Princeton and Slavery Project that emerged from the course--in particular, the Princeton and Slavery Project Symposium of November, 2017.
collection icon

Princeton in Africa Records, 2001-2016
AC389
1 box 31768 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton in Africa (PiAf) is an independent affiliate of Princeton University that seeks to develop young leaders and advance Africa through humanitarian efforts. Collection consists of newsletters, bulletins, invitations to annual benefit, publications, news releases, promotional materials, and fundraising materials.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Organization of Women Leaders(OWL) is a student-founded, student-run non-profit organization at Princeton University dedicated to the discussion of issues affecting women on campus, in local communities, and worldwide. The records consist of organizational materials documenting the inaugural year of the Organization of Women Leaders.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Office of Physical Planning is one of several branches that together comprise the University's Department of Facilities. Consists of architectural surveys of the University Chapel with details of the window bays and the exterior facade, as well as photographs, slides, and microfilm documenting the work done on each window and sculpture during the 2000-2001 restoration, and day logs recording daily progress.
collection icon
Princeton University. Graduate School
The records consist of the academic files of former graduate students of Princeton University. The information contained in each file varies greatly but can include grade cards, Graduate School applications, a photograph of the student, letters of recommendation, biographical information, lists of achievements, news clippings, and obituaries.
collection icon
Steering Committee for the 20th Anniversary of Undergraduate Coeducation at Princeton
In the Fall of 1998, President Harold T. Shapiro, recognizing that many groups, individuals, and organizations were interested in planning events and projects related to the 20th anniversary of undergraduate coeducation, appointed a Steering Committee to coordinate and help support these activities. These records document the planning, implementation, and assessment of the actions of the Steering Committee.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Richardson Auditorium (formerly known as Alexander Hall) is Princeton University's premiere performance venue for a wide variety of events including concerts, plays, lectures, and dance performances. The collection consists of programs for performances and other events held at Richardson Auditorium.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Fund for Reunion
Fund for Reunion is a Princeton alumni organization supporting gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender alumni. The records contain correspondence, meeting minutes, newsletters and other items related to the activities of Fund for Reunion.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Department of Mathematics.
Princeton University's Department of Mathematics, founded in 1904 under the chairmanship of Henry Burchard Fine, saw the development of a unique mathematical community in the 1930s that was unlike any other in America before that time and perhaps afterwards, and that had important consequences for American mathematics. The collection consists of written transcripts of 42 interviews with surviving faculty and students of the mathematics community in Princeton in the 1930s, as well as recordings of the interviews, microfilm of interview transcripts, background information on the project, and an archived website that was created in 1999 to provide online access to the interview transcripts and related information.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Philip Ober was a member of the Princeton University Class of 1923. The papers contain color photographs of Ober, his wife, and Elizabeth Taylor; newspaper clippings describing Ober's work to free American prisoners in a Mexican jail; and obituaries and letters of condolences sent to his wife.
collection icon

HIV/AIDS in Latin America, II, 1980-2008
LAE101
4 boxes 2 items 1.3 linear feet

Princeton University.
This collection of ephemera on HIV/AIDS in Latin America consists of flyers, pamphlets, instructional materials, reports, and serials addressing issues related to prevention and sexual education, public services, community organizing, and health policies.
collection icon
Princeton University. Balloon Club.
The Princeton University Balloon Club was the creation of Gordon Sadler '76, who sought to create an organization on campus that would provide students, alumni, faculty, and staff with the ability to participate in the increasingly popular activity of ballooning. The records consist of a scrapbook documenting the existence of the Princeton University Balloon Club.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton: A Search for Answers is a 1973 recruiting film produced for the Princeton University Undergraduate Admissions Office by Julian Krainin and DeWitt Sage. The collection consists of outtakes and film trims created during the editing process for Princeton: A Search for Answers, as well as a small number of documents related to the making of the film.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
James Magnuson is a playwright, writer, and the 1970-71 recipient of Princeton's Hodder Fellowship. The collection consists of drafts of five short plays by James Magnuson, as well as clippings, correspondence, and notes.
collection icon
Committee for Public Justice (U.S.)
Formed in 1970, the Committee for Public Justice was an affiliate organization of the ACLU composed of writers, lawyers, educators and other parties who felt that the United States was entering a period of political repression. The collection consists of twelve papers on the FBI presented at a conference sponsored by the Committee for Public Justice and held at Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in October 1971.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association of Princeton University organized the conference ¡Adelante Tigres! Celebrating Latino Alumni at Princeton University in the spring of 2017. The conference brought more than 750 alumni and guests to campus to reflect on and engage with not only the memories of Latino alumni but also the current experiences of Latino students at Princeton. The ¡Adelante Tigres! Collection consists of photographs and other records that Princeton alumni created and maintained during their time as Princeton students. Documented in the collection are a range of student activities, including cultural performances (dance and music), activism, reunions, and graduation. These materials were collected as part of the conference of the same name organized by the Alumni Association.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Office of Community and Regional Affairs oversees a variety of programs geared towards strengthening ties between the University and the surrounding communities, including a continuing education program for area residents. The records contain advertisements, faculty committee minutes, fundraising reports, statistics on attendance, director's files, and scholarship applications.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of African American Studies.
The Department of African American Studies at Princeton University is an academic department of Princeton University. The records consist of course proposals and descriptions, proposals for a post-doctoral program, and meeting minutes and correspondence of the interdepartmental committee as well as past versions of the department's website.
collection icon

Politics in Mexico, II, 1968-2008
LAE098
11 boxes 7.6 linear feet

Princeton University.
This collection of ephemera from Mexico consists of pamphlets, flyers, serials, and election paraphernalia printed between 1968 and 2008, but the bulk of the materials dates from the early 1990s to 2006.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Harold W. Kuhn was a professor of mathematical economics in the Princeton mathematics department, where he taught for over 40 years, and faculty representative on the Committee on the Structure of the University. The collection consists of reports, meeting minutes, membership rosters, correspondence, and notes relating to the Committee on the Structure of the University and the Council of the Princeton University Community.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Office of the Executive Vice President was created by the Board of Trustees in 2005 to administer several existing offices, including campus life, human resources, public safety, and facilities among others. The records consist primarily of correspondence documenting the office's interactions with other administrative offices, academic departments, and advisory councils.
collection icon
Princeton University. Department of Economics
Since its founding as part of the Department of History, Politics, and Economics in 1904, Princeton University's Department of Economics has acquired a worldwide reputation for research and scholarship, attracting faculty and students alike. he collection consists of papers produced by department faculty and doctoral candidates as part of the Department of Economics' Seminar on Research in Progress.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Statistical Unit at Princeton University was founded in 1961 for purpose of collecting and analyzing student data regarding education, career plans, and pre-college and post-graduate attitudes and life. The records consist of research reports and administrative bulletins of the Statistical Unit.
collection icon
Daniel M. Sachs Class of 1960 Graduating Scholarship Committee
The Daniel M. Sachs Scholarship was established in 1968 by the Princeton University Class of 1960 in memory of Daniel Sachs, a class member who died of brain cancer at the age of 28. The records consist of fundraising files, committee correspondence, scholarship applications, correspondence with scholarship winners, and lists of winners.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Graduate School
The records consist of the academic files of former graduate students of Princeton University. The information contained in each file varies greatly but can include grades cards, Graduate School applications, a photograph of the student, letters of recommendation, as well as biographical information, lists of achievements, news clippings, and obituaries.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Princeton University faculty have long participated in pedagogical and research activities aimed at improving education and knowledge production at all levels. This collection consists of program materials and reports from summer institutes and curriculum development programs based at Princeton University, which were aimed at improving the education of primary and secondary school students, as well as specialized training programs for scientific researchers.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Described by University President William G. Bowen as a "cross between a curator, a ringmaster, and a storyteller," Frederic Ewing Fox was the only man to ever occupy the office of Keeper of Princetoniana at Princeton University. The collection consists primarily of Fox's correspondence with alumni, faculty, and administrators during his tenure as Keeper of Princetoniana.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Orange Key is a volunteer student organization that provides campus tours. The collection consists of records that document the activities of the Orange Key Guide Service, including tour routes, lists of tour guides, guide selection information, subject files, training materials, and procedure manuals, as well as a card index of buildings, inscriptions, sculptures, and other physical gifts donated to the University assembled by Orange Key Office as a reference for campus tour guides.
collection icon
Princeton University. Committee on the Bicentennial of Nassau Hall.
The Nassau Hall Bicentennial Committee was established to plan the 200th anniversary of Nassau Hall over a two-day period beginning on September 22, 1956. The collection documents the activities of the Committee through correspondence, publications, news articles, and press releases.
collection icon
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
The sprint football program at Princeton (sometimes known as lightweight football) has operated since 1933. The collection consists of 196 videotapes (VHS format) of Sprint Football games and one video transfer of a 1947 varsity football game film.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Gordon Alexander Craig was an American historian specializing in German and diplomatic history who taught at Princeton and Stanford. The Gordon Alexander Craig Papers document several projects the historian was involved with while a professor at Princeton including the Marine Corps History Project for which Craig served as chairman of the editorial board, and the Princeton response to the loyalty oath controversy at the University of California in 1950-1951.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
In 1946 the University unveiled a memorial to those students who had been lost during the Second World War in Nassau Hall. The records document the planning and execution of the memorial including pictures, preliminary lists of honorees, correspondence with parents and campus groups, and programs from the memorial's unveiling ceremony.
collection icon
Princeton University. Committee on Safety and Insurance.
The Committee on Safety and Insurance was an administrative organization that dealt with occupational safety and insurance issues throughout University facilities and departments. The records consist of Commitee minutes, accident reports, insurance policies, general subject files, and correspondence.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Originally established in 1912 as the Self-Help Bureau, the Office of Career Services is an organizational unit of the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life that provides career resources and programming for both undergraduate and graduate students. The records include three bound volumes of annual reports from the Princeton University Office of Career Services spanning the years 1943 to 1977. Topics covered include alumni appointments, work-study, study services and academic support.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
John Foster Dulles (1888-1959), was a graduate of the Princeton Class of 1908 who served as Secretary of State of the United States for President Dwight D. Eisenhower. The John Foster Dulles Collection consists of a small group of materials documenting Dulles' connection to Princeton, including materials on his undergraduate career and the Dulles Library.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Princeton Print Club was founded in late 1940 by a group of students seeking to advance the appreciation of graphic arts among the campus community. The records consist of financial accounts, correspondence, and pamphlets which document the activities and membership of the Princeton Print Club.
collection icon
Princeton Playgoers, Inc.
Princeton Playgoers, Inc. was a theater production company formed in 1942, during the wartime period when the engagements of Triangle Club were limited. The records consist of financial records, correspondence, records of ticket sales, advertisements, contracts, and other materials documenting the planning and production of plays at McCarter Theatre in the summer of 1942.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The collection consists of letters by American educator and playwright Louis Ellsworth Laflin (Princeton Class of 1924) to George R. Kernodle (a friend from Yale Drama School), written over thirty-three years. Also included are Laflin's notes and papers on Asian/Indian, Egyptian, and Greek drama, copies of six plays written by him, and copies of two essays on the founding and history of Princeton's Theatre Intime.
collection icon
Princeton University. Bureau of Student Placement.
The Bureau of Student Placement was an administrative office at Princeton University that operated roughly from 1945 to 1953 and acted as a liaison between the various armed services and the Princeton University community. The records consist of army, navy, and marine corps plans for colleges, card files containing information about students in the service, and the correspondence of director Gordon G. Sikes which includes letters to and from servicemen, military officials, and other University administrators.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Arthur Mendel was a prominent music scholar in the twentieth century and a professor at Princeton University. The collection contains correspondence with professional colleagues, course notes, musical notes, scrapbooks, and clippings. There is also additional unprocessed material from Mendel's time at Princeton.
collection icon

Humanities Council Records, 1935-2017
AC143
6 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Humanities Council.
The Council of the Humanities was founded in 1953 at Princeton University to foster teaching, research and intellectual exchange. Consists of materials collected and generated by the Council of the Humanities, including materials pertaining to the Ford Foundation Project.
collection icon

School of Architecture Records, 1935-2015
AC137
29 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The School of Architecture, previously known as the School of Architecture and Urban Planning, is Princeton University's academic unit dedicated to the teaching and study of architecture and related topics. The records include subject files, correspondence, course descriptions, and other administrative materials, as well as records from the Bureau of Urban Research and its successor, the Research Center for Urban and Environmental Planning.