Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Princeton university Remove constraint Names: Princeton university

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
American Whig-Cliosophic Society
The American Whig-Cliosophic Society (1941-present) is a literary, political and debating society which has had an important impact on the lives of generations of Princeton students. It provides students with both social alternatives and an opportunity to develop skills not emphasized by the University curriculum. The contents of the initial group of records were acquired between 1941 and 1993 in agreements between Princeton University and the American Whig-Cliosophic Society. The library initially cataloged some of these records into the P Collection. Subsequently, an attempt was made to organize some of these records in 1975.
collection icon

American Whig Society Records, 1785-1941
AC011
202 boxes 1 folder

American Whig Society
The American Whig Society (1769-1941) served as a major political, debating, and literary force both on the Princeton campus and throughout the nation. The Whig records consist primarily of minutes, financial records, and correspondence of members.
collection icon

Association of Latino Princeton Alumni Records, 1974-2017
AC227
1 box 83 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Association of Latino Princeton Alumni
The Association of Latino Princeton Alumni was formed in 1989 with the dual mission of supporting and enhancing the role and presence of Latinos at all levels within the University as well as forming a network of Latino alumni. The collection documents the origins and development of the Association of Latino Princeton Alumni and contains minutes, board documents, correspondence, campaign materials for a Latino Studies program, and the organization's public website.
collection icon
online icon
Association of Princeton Puerto Rican Alumni
The Association of Princeton Puerto Rican Alumni or APPRA was formed in September 1982 to assist in increasing the recruitment and admissions of Puerto Rican students to the university, and to encourage a thriving Puerto Rican community on campus. This collection consists of paper and digital records including: financial records, bylaws, recruitment material, and correspondence.
collection icon
Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary
The Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary is a volunteer fundraising organization which supports Princeton University Health Services. Founded in 1902 as the Ladies Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary, the group has been responsible for shaping student health at Princeton University for over a century. The records contain meeting minutes, annual reports, correspondence, and subject files which pertain to the McCosh Infirmary, or to the organization itself.
collection icon
Bullock, Ralph Adams
Ralph Adams Bullock was a member of the Princeton University class of 1914 and a lifelong Princeton football fan. The Bullock Princeton Football collection consists of publications and clippings pertaining to Princeton University Football.
collection icon

Cliosophic Society Records, 1789-1941
AC016
89 boxes 1 folder

online icon
Cliosophic Society (Princeton University)
The Cliosophic Society (1770-1941) was a political, literary, and debating society on the Princeton campus that played an important role in the development of the college and also the intellectual and social development of generations of Princeton students.
collection icon

Daily Princetonian General records, 1876-2016
AC285
6 boxes 6 items 594 digital files

Daily Princetonian
The Daily Princetonian is the newspaper of Princeton University. The records consist of subject files from the editorial offices of The Prince covering topics such as awards, events, journalism seminars, and by-laws of the paper, as well as booklets published by the Daily Princetonian corporation.
collection icon
Holden, Arthur Cort
Arthur Cort Holden was a member of the Princeton University Class of 1912. He went on to earn a graduate degree in architecture from Cornell University, and joined the New York City firm of McKim, Mead, and White, later forming his own firm and advising Frank Lloyd Wright on the design of the Guggenheim Museum in 1949. Consists of personal papers and correspondence of Arthur Cort Holden.
collection icon
online icon
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Center
The LGBT Center supports and empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) students and employees by providing community-building, education, events and initiatives. During the summer, undergraduate and graduate students interview LGBTQIA alumni and current and former LGBTQIA staff and faculty to learn about their lives, particularly their experiences being LGBTQIA (out and not out) at Princeton, and their perceptions of the climate for LGBTQIA people at Princeton at different points in time.
collection icon
Nassau-Hall Bible Society
The Nassau Hall Bible Society was a student religious organization at the College of New Jersey, active from 1813 through the 1840s and from 1864 through the 1880s. It distributed Bibles and New Testaments throughout New Jersey and across the country. These records contain minutes and financial records of the Society's work.
collection icon
Nassoons (Musical group)
The Princeton Nassoons are a close-harmony, all male, student a cappella group that formed in the late 1930s. The collection consists primarily of the Princeton Nassoons' original musical arrangements and correspondence.
collection icon

NEUK Collection, 1967-1971
C0636
3 boxes 3.2 linear feet

NEUK (Princeton, N.J.)
Consists of poetry, manuscripts, correspondence, plates, proofs, drawings, promotional material, paste-ups, photographic negatives, and subscription information for seven issues of NEUK, a Princeton student literary magazine, thought to have been published nine times between 1967 and January 1972.
collection icon
New Jersey State China Famine Relief Fund
The New Jersey State China Famine Relief Fund was a short-lived charitable organization based at Princeton University and staffed by administrators and students. The records consist of financial records, receipts for gifts made to the fund, announcements, staff lists, and correspondence with other organizations working towards famine relief in China.
collection icon

Ogden Family Collection, 1682-1853
C0695
2 boxes 6 items 0.6 linear feet

Ogden family
Consists of miscellaneous letters and documents--originals as well as copies--relating to multiple generations of the Ogden family of Elizabeth (formerly Elizabethtown), New Jersey.
collection icon
Pace, Antonio, 1914-2004
Consists primarily of incoming correspondence to Antonio Pace (1914-2004), a professor of Romance Languages at Syracuse University and the University of Washington, from Princeton faculty, particularly those in the fields of language and cultural studies, as well as from former Princeton classmates (*43). Other notable scholars are also represented. Some correspondents include: Gilbert Chinard (1881-1972), Claude Lévi-Strauss (1908-2009), Julian P. Boyd (1903-1980), Kenneth McKenzie (1870-1949), Theodore Fred Kuper (1886-1981), and Giuliano Bonfante (1904-2005).
collection icon
Papers of Woodrow Wilson Project
The Papers of Woodrow Wilson Project, co-sponsored by the Woodrow Wilson Foundation and Princeton University, was a successful project to publish material generated by and influencing Woodrow Wilson; the 35 year project resulted in an acclaimed 69 volume set. The records of the Papers of Woodrow Wilson Project, compiled by chief editor Arthur S. Link and his staff, document the life and times of the former Princeton University president, governor of New Jersey, and president of the United States, Woodrow Wilson, as well as the project to bring together documentation by and about Wilson.
collection icon

Phi Beta Kappa Records, 1896-1969
AC034
3 boxes 1 folder

Phi Beta Kappa. New Jersey Beta (Princeton University).
The Princeton University Phi Beta Kappa Records consist of correspondence, reports, minutes, and other materials relating to the administration, membership, and finances of this organization.
collection icon
Princeton Alumni Publications, Inc.
The PAW is successor to the Alumni Princetonian, a weekly publication of the Daily Princetonian. In 1919 the Princeton Printing Company dissolved and printing of the PAW was taken over by the Princeton University Press. The PAW was a weekly magazine during the school year until changing to its current bi-weekly format in 1977. The magazine is now published during the academic year for alumni and professional staff of the University.
collection icon
Princeton Crusader Fellowship.
The Princeton Crusader Fellowship is a Christian reform organization founded by a group of Princeton students on Commencement Day in 1912. The records consist of member lists, constitutions, speeches, articles, newsletters, and correspondence of the Princeton Crusader Fellowship.
collection icon
Princeton Mime Company.
Founded in 1974 by a philosophy student trained in mime and dance, the Princeton Mime Company has developed into a touring and teaching mime troupe. Consists of programs, flyers, reviews (largely from The Daily Princetonian), photographs, rehearsal schedules, and correspondence of the Princeton Mime Company.
collection icon
Princeton Publishing Company.
The Princeton Publishing Company was incorporated in 1900 to oversee the printing of the Alumni Princetonian, a forebear to the Princeton Alumni Weekly. The records consists of materials which document the activities of the Princeton Publishing Company, largely relating to financial matters.
collection icon

Princeton School of Public and International Affairs Records, 1847-2017
AC129
116 boxes 38 items 108 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Princeton School of Public and International Affairs
Founded in 1930 as a cooperative enterprise of the History, Politics, and Economics Departments of Princeton University at the undergraduate level, the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs has since grown into one of the nation's foremost centers for professional public policy education, offering degrees on both the undergraduate and graduate level and contributing original research in a wide variety of fields related to public and international affairs. The records document the school's founding and development and include correspondence, subject files, publications, and audiovisual materials.
collection icon
Princeton Shakespeare Company.
The Princeton Shakespeare Company was founded in 1994 by student Davis McCallum '97 and English professor Thomas P. Roche. Consists of clippings, photographs, flyers, press releases, and programs documenting the first years of the Princeton Shakespeare Company.
collection icon
Princeton University. Administrative Planning Committee.
The Administrative Planning Committee was a group that advised the president of the University on matters pertaining to the allocation of campus space to offices, departments, and other groups, particularly in regards to soon to be completed campus building projects. Consists of the monthly meeting minutes and attendance lists of the Administrative Planning Committee for the year 1968-1969.
collection icon

Alumni Association Records, 1826-2016
AC048
45 boxes 1 folder

Princeton University. Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association of Nassau Hall, Princeton's first official organization of alumni, was founded on commencement day 1826. The collection consists primarily of administrative materials such as correspondence, meeting minutes, notebooks and reports belonging to both national and regional associations and their committees, most from the first half of the 20th century. Also contains newsletters, alumni directories, scrapbooks, reunion-related ephemera, photographs, and materials documenting reunions and alumni organization activities from the late 19th century forward.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association of Princeton University organized the conference ¡Adelante Tigres! Celebrating Latino Alumni at Princeton University in the spring of 2017. The conference brought more than 750 alumni and guests to campus to reflect on and engage with not only the memories of Latino alumni but also the current experiences of Latino students at Princeton. The ¡Adelante Tigres! Collection consists of photographs and other records that Princeton alumni created and maintained during their time as Princeton students. Documented in the collection are a range of student activities, including cultural performances (dance and music), activism, reunions, and graduation. These materials were collected as part of the conference of the same name organized by the Alumni Association.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Alumni Council. Princetoniana Committee
The Princetoniana Committee was formed by the Alumni Council in 1981 with the mission of proactively collecting worthy items of Princetoniana on the University's behalf. The Princetoniana Committee Oral History Project (POHP) Records consist of oral history interview transcripts from two separate oral history projects and related materials.
collection icon
Princeton University. Balloon Club.
The Princeton University Balloon Club was the creation of Gordon Sadler '76, who sought to create an organization on campus that would provide students, alumni, faculty, and staff with the ability to participate in the increasingly popular activity of ballooning. The records consist of a scrapbook documenting the existence of the Princeton University Balloon Club.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Bicentennial Celebration Committee.
The Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration was a year-long series of events that began on September 22, 1946 with a sermon delivered by Geoffrey Francis Fisher, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, in the University Chapel and ended with an address by President Truman in front of Nassau Hall at the June 17, 1947 Concluding Bicentennial Convocation. The Bicentennial Celebration Records contain correspondence, writings, speeches, press-releases, pamphlets, reports, newspaper clippings, tickets, transcripts, watercolor and pencil sketches and various other materials documenting the 1946-1947 Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration.
collection icon

Black Arts Company Records, 1996-1999
AC459
1 box 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Black Arts Company.
The Black Arts Company was founded at Princeton in 1990 as a hip-hop dance company, with a mission to generate dialogue about the African diaspora through dance. The company also staged other types of performances, including drama and comedy, before it formally split into two separate organizations, BAC: Dance and BAC| Drama, in the mid 2000s. The dance company continues to perform and explore new styles of hip-hop. This collection includes video cassette recordings of Fall and Spring shows from 1996-1999.
collection icon
Princeton University. Bureau of Alumni Records.
The Bureau of Alumni Records was established in January 1949 as an outgrowth of the records office maintained by the Graduate Council, the governing body of the Princeton University Alumni Association. The collection consists of public files of former graduate students of Princeton University.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Carl A. Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding.
Established in the late 1970s, the Carl A. Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding (called the Third World Center until 2002) celebrates, acknowledges, and promotes diversity on the Princeton University campus. The collection documents the Carl A. Fields Center's programs and administration over a period of thirty years.
collection icon
Princeton University. Commission on the Future of the College
The Commission on the Future of the College–known also as the Bressler Commission–was charged in October 1970 with assessing Princeton's undergraduate curriculum. The collection contains Professor Marvin Bressler's records as the chair of the Commission. The collection is comprised of internal and external correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and student surveys. Bressler was a member of the Department of Sociology at Princeton University from 1963 to 1993, and for twenty years served as its chairman.
collection icon
Princeton University. Committee on the Bicentennial of Nassau Hall.
The Nassau Hall Bicentennial Committee was established to plan the 200th anniversary of Nassau Hall over a two-day period beginning on September 22, 1956. The collection documents the activities of the Committee through correspondence, publications, news articles, and press releases.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Committee on the Education of Women at Princeton.
The Committee on the Education of Women at Princeton Records contain the working papers and correspondence of Gardner Patterson, Committee Chair, and his assistants. In June 1967 the Board of Trustees charged the Committee with the study of "the advisability and feasibility" of enlarging the University's role in the education of women. The final report, "The Education of Women at Princeton," was submitted to the Trustees in July 1968. Adopting the recommendation of the Committee, they voted in favor of coeducation the following January and appointed an Ad-Hoc Committee to advise on how to implement their decision. The collection contains some papers Patterson received as a member of this Ad-Hoc Committee, and drafts of its final report, "The Education of Undergraduate Women at Princeton: An Examination of Coordinate Versus Coeducational Patterns."
collection icon
Princeton University. Concerned Alumni of Princeton.
The Concerned Alumni of Princeton (CAP) was a group of politically conservative former Princeton University students that existed between 1972 and 1986. The records consists of correspondence, by-laws, and publicity items related to the Concerned Alumni of Princeton organization.
collection icon
Princeton University. Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Corporate and Foundation Relations is an office within the department of Research at Princeton that raises funds to support education, research, and scholarship at the University. The collection includes annual reports (1980-1997), department statistics (1988-1993), and campaign status reports (1981-1985).
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Council of the Princeton University Community.
The Council of the Princeton University Community (CPUC) was born out of the Special Committee on the Structure of the University established by President Robert F. Goheen in May 1968. CPUC is primarily a deliberative and consultative body, with the authority to "consider and investigate" university policy, governance, and any general issue related to the welfare of the University. Much of the work of the Council takes place through its standing committees: the Executive Committee, the Committee on Rights and Rules, the Committee on Governance, the Committee on Priorities, the Committee on Resources, and the Judicial Committee.
collection icon

Davis International Center Records, 1982-2017
AC344
3 boxes 2 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Davis International Center.
The International Center at Princeton was founded in 1974 by a volunteer cohort of faculty, alumni, and community residents to welcome new international graduate students and visiting scholars to the University community. The collection documents the Center's programs and events, as well as international student associations and alumni groups.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Department of Politics
The Department of Politics at Princeton University is one of the University's largest academic departments, offering undergraduate and graduate courses touching on nearly every aspect of the discipline of political science. The Department of Politics records document the activities of the Department of Politics and its faculty from the time of its founding in 1924 until the mid-1960s, and contain correspondence, course syllabi and notes, examinations, and subject files.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of African American Studies.
The Department of African American Studies at Princeton University is an academic department of Princeton University. The records consist of course proposals and descriptions, proposals for a post-doctoral program, and meeting minutes and correspondence of the interdepartmental committee as well as past versions of the department's website.
collection icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Buildings and Grounds.
The Technical Correspondence Records, created by the Department of Grounds and Buildings, contain detailed information relating to the construction, maintenance, renovation, and demolition of buildings, and to the grounds and architects of Princeton University.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Facilities.
The Department of Facilities at Princeton University is responsible for the construction, maintenance, renovation, and financial management of the buildings and properties owned by the university. The Department of Facilities records document the daily activities of the department and its numerous divisions through blueprints, photographs, correspondence, memos, sketches, contracts, ledgers, tax returns, incorporation papers, by-laws, annual reports, financial statements, newspaper clippings, booklets, and meeting minutes.
collection icon
Princeton University. Food Services.
In 1954 the administration of Princeton University followed through on long-standing plans to create an official student center. The collection consists of one bound volume containing the detailed minutes of meetings of managerial staff of the Chancellor Green Student Center from 1963-1964.