Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Princeton university Remove constraint Names: Princeton university

Search Results

collection icon

Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs Records, 1847-2017
AC129
116 boxes 38 items 108 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs
Founded in 1930 as a cooperative enterprise of the History, Politics, and Economics Departments of Princeton University at the undergraduate level, the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs has since grown into one of the nation's foremost centers for professional public policy education, offering degrees on both the undergraduate and graduate level and contributing original research in a wide variety of fields related to public and international affairs. The records document the school's founding and development and include correspondence, subject files, publications, and audiovisual materials.
collection icon
Woodrow Wilson foundation
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation, the bulk of which are financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards dating from 1921-1963. The collection also includes a small amount of audivisual material, photographs and sound recordings.
collection icon
Student Christian Association (Princeton University).
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.
collection icon
Sesquicentennial Celebration Committee
The collection consists of materials relating to the three-day Sesquicentennial Celebration in October 1896, at which the College of New Jersey became Princeton University. In addition to ephemera and printed material distributed at the celebration, the collection includes a typescript draft of President Francis Landey Patton's sermon, sesquicentennial memorial books, a published sketchbook, official congratulations from other institutions, and press releases and newspaper clippings reporting the events.
collection icon
Rose Photography Studio.
The Rose Photography Studio of Princeton, New Jersey was founded in 1873 by Royal Hill Rose, and was operated by successive generations of the Rose family until 1951. The studio provided photography services for the Princeton community as well as Princeton University. The collection consists of approximately 700 glass-plate negatives of images of Princeton University taken by the Rose Photography Studio. The negatives depict campus events, alumni reunions, class photographs, and student groups.
collection icon
Rector's Aid Society.
The Rector's Aid Society was an organization of students at the College of New Jersey who were members of the Protestant Episcopal Church. It provided opportunities for fellowship and theological discussion; it also organized Episcopal services on campus and supported the church's mission in the Princeton area. The Society met monthly to report on its work and discuss a theological topic; this minute book records the proceedings of those meetings.
collection icon
R. B. O'Connor & W. H. Kilham, Jr. (Firm).
R. B. O'Connor W. H. Kilham, Jr. is the New York City architictural firm that was appointed in 1944 to design Princeton University's Firestone Library, which opened in 1948. The collection includes architectural drawings, plans and photographs of Firestone Library (1948) and the later addition of the John Foster Dulles Library of Diplomatic History (1962).
collection icon
online icon
Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC)
The Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC) is a Princeton University student organization that aims to support Princeton's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning, and asexual (LGBTQA+) graduate community, including their partners or spouses. This collection contains the administrative records, such as the constitution and event planning, for the Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC).
collection icon
Princeton University. University Research Board
The University Research Board, which consists of six faculty members from different departments, is an advisory committee to the president on all research conducted at Princeton University. The collection consists of University Research Board meeting minutes, annual reports, correspondence between members, and some subject files, as well as the memos and correspondence of Raymond J. Woodrow, executive officer and secretary of the Committee on Project Research and Invention, predecessor to the University Research Board.