Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names University Archives Remove constraint Names: University Archives

Search Results

collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Abigail Klionsky is a member of the Princeton University undergraduate Class of 2014 who undertook an oral history project on Jewish student life at Princeton as part of her senior thesis. The collection consists of fifteen transcripts of Klionsky's interviews with Jewish alumni and also includes a copy of a transcript of Henry Morgenthau III's interview with David Frisch in 1979.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association of Princeton University organized the conference ¡Adelante Tigres! Celebrating Latino Alumni at Princeton University in the spring of 2017. The conference brought more than 750 alumni and guests to campus to reflect on and engage with not only the memories of Latino alumni but also the current experiences of Latino students at Princeton. The ¡Adelante Tigres! Collection consists of photographs and other records that Princeton alumni created and maintained during their time as Princeton students. Documented in the collection are a range of student activities, including cultural performances (dance and music), activism, reunions, and graduation. These materials were collected as part of the conference of the same name organized by the Alumni Association.
collection icon
Princeton University. Administrative Planning Committee.
The Administrative Planning Committee was a group that advised the president of the University on matters pertaining to the allocation of campus space to offices, departments, and other groups, particularly in regards to soon to be completed campus building projects. Consists of the monthly meeting minutes and attendance lists of the Administrative Planning Committee for the year 1968-1969.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Rear Admiral Casper Frederick Goodrich was the commander of the Naval Training Unit and the Pay Officers Material School established at Princeton University in 1917. The records consist of Goodrich's correspondence and program records pertaining to the administration of the Naval Training Unit at Princeton University.
collection icon

Admission Office Records, 1854-2017 (mostly 1922-1998)
AC152
42 boxes 2 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Admission Office has determined who should be allowed to enroll as undergraduates at Princeton University since 1922. The actual composition and the desired composition of each class have been contentious campus issues since the introduction of selective admission. The debates over the value of recruiting and admitting alumni sons, war veterans, athletes, disadvantaged students (especially racial minorities), and women are reflected in the records of the Admission Office. This collection includes a number of reports and minutes, some of which are restricted, news clippings and releases about Princeton admission, historical materials, and a series of Admission Office publications.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Each of Princeton's advisory councils is comprised of alumni and other individuals who act in an advisory capacity to the various academic departments through meetings with departmental faculty, administration, and the Alumni Council. The records consist of correspondence and member lists of the inaugural Advisory Councils of various departments.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Alan Windsor Richards was a freelance photographer known for the images he captured of people and events associated with Princeton University from the mid-1940s through the late 1960s. The collection consists of photographic negatives and a very few photographic prints of images captured by Richards of Princeton University athletes and sports events.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Albert I. Mendeloff was a member of the Princeton University class of 1938 and the undergraduate director of the Princeton Camera Club, a student organization devoted to photography. Consists of correspondence between Albert Mendelhoff and famous photographers of 1938 in regards to a potential exhibit of loaned photographs at the Art and Archaeology Department.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Alexander Leitch was a member of the Princeton Class of 1924 and an administrator at Princeton University for the entirety of his professional career, most notably holding the Office of the Secretary from 1933 to 1963. Consists of 55 oversized scrapbooks assembled by Alexander Leitch '24 during his career as a Princeton University administrator.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
This collection consists of offprints of articles written by Princeton alumni and faculty; however, in some instances the articles are written about an individual alumni or faculty member. The offprints generally consist of journals, published articles, speeches, lectures, sermons, memorials, and articles from scientific journals and magazines.
collection icon

Alumni Association Records, 1826-2016
AC048
45 boxes 1 folder

Princeton University. Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association of Nassau Hall, Princeton's first official organization of alumni, was founded on commencement day 1826. The collection consists primarily of administrative materials such as correspondence, meeting minutes, notebooks and reports belonging to both national and regional associations and their committees, most from the first half of the 20th century. Also contains newsletters, alumni directories, scrapbooks, reunion-related ephemera, photographs, and materials documenting reunions and alumni organization activities from the late 19th century forward.
collection icon
Princeton University. Alumni Council
The Alumni Council was formed in 1909 as the Graduate Council to provide leadership for alumni activity. Consists of recordings -- mostly audiocassettes, compact discs and VHS tapes -- of lecture courses from the Class of 1942 seminars and other Alumni Studies courses, as well as a small amount of printed material to supplement the lectures.
collection icon

American Whig Society Records, 1785-1941
AC011
202 boxes 1 folder

American Whig Society
The American Whig Society (1769-1941) served as a major political, debating, and literary force both on the Princeton campus and throughout the nation. The Whig records consist primarily of minutes, financial records, and correspondence of members.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Papers of Andrew C. Imbrie, Class of 1895, (1875-1965) provide information on his undergraduate years, his service as an alumni trustee from 1907 until 1912 (including a period as Financial Secretary of the Princeton University Board of Trustees (1909-1912) during which he had charge of reorganization of the business management of the University leading to the creation of what became the Office of the Controller) and his family's genealogy.
collection icon

Annual Reports to the President, 1940-2015
AC068
51 boxes 128 Volumes

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
The President of the University is charged with the general supervision of the interests of the University and with special oversight of the departments of instruction. This collection consists of the collected reports to the President prepared annually by each academic department and administrative office.
collection icon
Committee for the Excavation of Antioch and its Vicinity.
Formed in 1932, the Committee for the Excavation of Antioch and its Vicinity was chaired by Princeton University's Charles Rufus Morey and included representatives from the Louvre, the Baltimore Museum of Art, the Worcester Art Museum, the Fogg Art Museum, and Dumbarton Oaks. Consists of detailed expense vouchers from the second half of the excavation of Antioch.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Princeton University Archives launched the Archiving Student Activism at Princeton (ASAP) initiative in December of 2015 to collect and preserve individual and organizational records created by Princeton students who engage in activism on a broad range of issues and perspectives, both on campus and off. The records in this collection document a range of political and social issues, including sexual assault, gender equality, immigration, refugee crises (Syria), racism and anti-racism.
collection icon
Holden, Arthur Cort
Arthur Cort Holden was a member of the Princeton University Class of 1912. He went on to earn a graduate degree in architecture from Cornell University, and joined the New York City firm of McKim, Mead, and White, later forming his own firm and advising Frank Lloyd Wright on the design of the Guggenheim Museum in 1949. Consists of personal papers and correspondence of Arthur Cort Holden.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
In January 1969, Princeton's trustees voted to make the undergraduate college coeducational, breaking the 224-year tradition of an all-male student body. The Patterson Committee, made up of faculty and administrators, had studied and advocated the change. The one dissenting voice on the committee was Arthur J. Horton '42, the university's director of development; he wrote a minority report and became a rallying point for those opposing the move. Horton's collection of materials on coeducation contains his annotated copy of the committee's report, his memoranda to the committee's chair and university administrators, official university releases and letters to alumni, and newspaper clippings regarding the change and campus issues in general. A quarter of the collection is letters from alumni, some welcoming coeducation but most strongly opposed.
collection icon

Association of Latino Princeton Alumni Records, 1974-2017
AC227
1 box 83 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Association of Latino Princeton Alumni
The Association of Latino Princeton Alumni was formed in 1989 with the dual mission of supporting and enhancing the role and presence of Latinos at all levels within the University as well as forming a network of Latino alumni. The collection documents the origins and development of the Association of Latino Princeton Alumni and contains minutes, board documents, correspondence, campaign materials for a Latino Studies program, and the organization's public website.
collection icon
online icon
Association of Princeton Puerto Rican Alumni
The Association of Princeton Puerto Rican Alumni or APPRA was formed in September 1982 to assist in increasing the recruitment and admissions of Puerto Rican students to the university, and to encourage a thriving Puerto Rican community on campus. This collection consists of paper and digital records including: financial records, bylaws, recruitment material, and correspondence.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
This collection contains printed athletic programs for football, baseball, basketball, and ice hockey and other sports, with football predominant. The programs, especially the earlier ones, provide a sweeping view of Princeton's athletic history, documenting not only team statistics and scores, but the players, the venues in which the teams competed, social aspects of advertising, and the evolution of the various games.
collection icon
Association of Hiroshima University for Sending an Atomic-bombed Roof Tiles
The Association of Hiroshima University for Sending Atomic-bombed Roof Tiles distributes the tiles in an effort to perpetuate awareness of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and to oppose the use and proliferation of nuclear weapons. The collection includes seven atomic-bombed roof tiles; photographs of the location where the roof tiles were recovered; booklets and pamphlets on the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; and information and correspondence from Hiroshima University.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
This collection contains more than two hundred autograph books from 198 members of classes between 1825 and 1884. The books were used to collect not only the autographs of classmates, but also good wishes, bits of favorite verse, letters of farewell, or reminiscences of shared events during undergraduate years.
collection icon
Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary
The Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary is a volunteer fundraising organization which supports Princeton University Health Services. Founded in 1902 as the Ladies Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary, the group has been responsible for shaping student health at Princeton University for over a century. The records contain meeting minutes, annual reports, correspondence, and subject files which pertain to the McCosh Infirmary, or to the organization itself.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Among Princeton University traditions, the Beer Jacket worn by graduating seniors stands as one of the most unique and most enduring. The collection consists of materials documenting the evolution of beer jacket designs throughout the greater part of the 20th century.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Benjamin Franklin Bunn Papers consist of financial, business and administrative records which Bunn maintained for many Princeton clubs and associations during his 50 years at Princeton University. The papers also contain correspondence with many Princeton and Phillips Exeter Academy classmates, Princeton administrators, and family members. The Triangle Club material contains letters from F. Scott Fitzgerald and notable members of stage and screen.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Bicentennial Celebration Committee.
The Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration was a year-long series of events that began on September 22, 1946 with a sermon delivered by Geoffrey Francis Fisher, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, in the University Chapel and ended with an address by President Truman in front of Nassau Hall at the June 17, 1947 Concluding Bicentennial Convocation. The Bicentennial Celebration Records contain correspondence, writings, speeches, press-releases, pamphlets, reports, newspaper clippings, tickets, transcripts, watercolor and pencil sketches and various other materials documenting the 1946-1947 Princeton University Bicentennial Celebration.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
In 1971 Princeton president Robert F. Goheen formally organized a committee of faculty, staff, students, and alumni for the purpose of planning the University's observance of the Bicentennial of the American Revolution, then five years away. The records document the organization and activities of the Bicentennial of the American Revolution Committee, and include correspondence, proposals, reports, and meeting minutes.
collection icon

Black Arts Company Records, 1996-1999
AC459
1 box 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Black Arts Company.
The Black Arts Company was founded at Princeton in 1990 as a hip-hop dance company, with a mission to generate dialogue about the African diaspora through dance. The company also staged other types of performances, including drama and comedy, before it formally split into two separate organizations, BAC: Dance and BAC| Drama, in the mid 2000s. The dance company continues to perform and explore new styles of hip-hop. This collection includes video cassette recordings of Fall and Spring shows from 1996-1999.
collection icon

Black Justice League Records, 2014-2016
AC430
207 digital files 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Black Justice League.
The Black Justice League (BJL) is a coalition of undergraduate students at Princeton University with the stated purpose of standing in solidarity with Ferguson (Missouri) and dismantling racism on the Princeton University campus. The collection consists of two of the organization's social media webpages as well as an online petition that states the organization's demands.
collection icon

Board of Trustees Records, 1746-2021
AC120
76 boxes 1 folder 377 Volumes

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
This collection provides the most basic source of information about Princeton University's governing body. In addition to minutes of the Trustees' meetings, the collection contains related papers and reports, organized according to purpose.
collection icon

Broadcast Center Recordings, 1980-2016
AC362
74 boxes 760 items

Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Broadcast Center operates a full TV/audio production studio and supports recording of events, classes, and interviews at the studio and on campus. The collection includes over 2,300 video recordings of Princeton-related lectures, conferences, symposia, events, ceremonies and creative works.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
Brooke R. Stoddard, Class of 2005" is a member of the University Press Club (UPC), who wrote a senior thesis about the history of the UPC in 2005. The collection contains correspondence and interviews with Princeton UPC alumni that Stoddard used for his research, as well as copies of clippings and printed materials.
collection icon

Brooks Bowman Papers, 1914-1971
AC165
11 boxes 2 items

online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Brooks Bowman '36 is best remembered as the composer of the songs "East of the Sun (and West of the Moon)" and "Love and a Dime." The Brooks Bowman Papers consist of correspondence and photographs that document his school years and his foray into the music industry. The bulk of the papers consist of Bowman's correspondence with his mother, sister, and numerous friends.
collection icon
Bullock, Ralph Adams
Ralph Adams Bullock was a member of the Princeton University class of 1914 and a lifelong Princeton football fan. The Bullock Princeton Football collection consists of publications and clippings pertaining to Princeton University Football.
collection icon
Princeton University. Bureau of Student Placement.
The Bureau of Student Placement was an administrative office at Princeton University that operated roughly from 1945 to 1953 and acted as a liaison between the various armed services and the Princeton University community. The records consist of army, navy, and marine corps plans for colleges, card files containing information about students in the service, and the correspondence of director Gordon G. Sikes which includes letters to and from servicemen, military officials, and other University administrators.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Carl A. Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding.
Established in the late 1970s, the Carl A. Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding (called the Third World Center until 2002) celebrates, acknowledges, and promotes diversity on the Princeton University campus. The collection documents the Carl A. Fields Center's programs and administration over a period of thirty years.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Educator and advocate of minority education Dr. Carl A. Fields, the first African American to hold a high-ranking position at an Ivy League school, was appointed Assistant Director of Student Aid and then Assistant Dean of the College at Princeton before serving in other leadership positions outside the University. The Carl A. Fields Papers consist of correspondence, reports, research material on race relations and minority education, handwritten notes, project proposals, and other papers that document his life and career.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Chalmers W. Alexander Letters contain correspondence from Chalmers Alexander (Princeton Class of 1932) to his mother during his attendance at Princeton University from 1928 to 1932. Approximately 500 letters were written during this time period; schedules, report cards, and church calendars are also included.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
The Charles Black Hutchinson Papers primarily include Charles Hutchinson's correspondence and schoolwork from the period 1935 to 1944, when Hutchinson was a student at the Lawrenceville School (1935 to 1939), at Princeton University (1939 to 1943), and serving in the Army's 681st Glider Battalion (beginning in 1943).
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Consists primarily of original artwork created by Charles E. Fehon, Princeton Class of 1950, during the process of designing sets and costumes for Princeton theater groups including Theatre Intime, University Players, and the Triangle Club.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Charles H. Schultz is a member of the Princeton Class of 1954. The collection consists of scripts, sides, photographs, reviews, programs, clippings, and miscellaneous material relating to the University Players, Theatre Intime, and the Triangle Club of Princeton during the years Schultz was a participant in these groups.
collection icon
Princeton University. Chicano Press Organization.
The Chicano Press Organization was a student news group established at Princeton University in the late 1970s with the purpose to publish newsletters, open letters, articles, leaflets, and other publications pertaining to Chicano affairs at Princeton, at other Ivy League universities, and around the world. Founding officers of the Organization include Michael Montoya (Class of 1982) as President, Robert E. Barragan (Class of 1984) as Vice President, and Anthony Carrick (Class of 1984) as Secretary and Treasurer. The Chicano Press Organization Records are mainly comprised of the group's publications and newsletters Nuestros Voces and Sol del Este.
collection icon
New Jersey State China Famine Relief Fund
The New Jersey State China Famine Relief Fund was a short-lived charitable organization based at Princeton University and staffed by administrators and students. The records consist of financial records, receipts for gifts made to the fund, announcements, staff lists, and correspondence with other organizations working towards famine relief in China.
collection icon
Class of 1969 Community Service Fund.
The Class of 1969 Community Service Fund provides community service opportunities to Princeton students primarily through domestic and international internships. The records document the fund's internship programs and include applications for and evaluations of internships.
collection icon

Clay Project Records, 2016
AC440
22 digital files

online icon
Princeton University. Clay Project.
The Princeton Clay Project is an initiative launched in January of 2016 by two first-year undergraduate students, Avigail Gilad and Chiara Ficarelli, to raise funds and awareness for the Amal Scholarship Fund, which awards scholarships for Syrian refugees at the Za'atari Refugee Camp in Jordan to attend college. The Clay Project Records document the initiative's first semester of fundraising activities for the Amal Scholarship Fund.
collection icon
Princeton University. Graduate School
Included as part of the final gothic design of Princeton's Graduate School was a 173-foot tower, a national memorial to former U.S. President Grover Cleveland who was also chairman of the trustees' graduate school committee. The collection consists of 11 log books signed by visitors to the Cleveland Memorial Tower.
collection icon

Cliosophic Society Records, 1789-1941
AC016
89 boxes 1 folder

online icon
Cliosophic Society (Princeton University)
The Cliosophic Society (1770-1941) was a political, literary, and debating society on the Princeton campus that played an important role in the development of the college and also the intellectual and social development of generations of Princeton students.
collection icon

College Republicans Records, 2004-2016
AC441
34 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. College Republicans.
The Princeton University College Republicans are the official student group on campus of the National Republican Party. The College Republican Records consist primarily of photographs from College Republican events, campaigning, and social media.
collection icon
Princeton University. Commission on the Future of the College
The Commission on the Future of the College–known also as the Bressler Commission–was charged in October 1970 with assessing Princeton's undergraduate curriculum. The collection contains Professor Marvin Bressler's records as the chair of the Commission. The collection is comprised of internal and external correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and student surveys. Bressler was a member of the Department of Sociology at Princeton University from 1963 to 1993, and for twenty years served as its chairman.
collection icon
Princeton University. Committee on the Bicentennial of Nassau Hall.
The Nassau Hall Bicentennial Committee was established to plan the 200th anniversary of Nassau Hall over a two-day period beginning on September 22, 1956. The collection documents the activities of the Committee through correspondence, publications, news articles, and press releases.
collection icon
Princeton University. Committee on Safety and Insurance.
The Committee on Safety and Insurance was an administrative organization that dealt with occupational safety and insurance issues throughout University facilities and departments. The records consist of Commitee minutes, accident reports, insurance policies, general subject files, and correspondence.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Committee on the Education of Women at Princeton.
The Committee on the Education of Women at Princeton Records contain the working papers and correspondence of Gardner Patterson, Committee Chair, and his assistants. In June 1967 the Board of Trustees charged the Committee with the study of "the advisability and feasibility" of enlarging the University's role in the education of women. The final report, "The Education of Women at Princeton," was submitted to the Trustees in July 1968. Adopting the recommendation of the Committee, they voted in favor of coeducation the following January and appointed an Ad-Hoc Committee to advise on how to implement their decision. The collection contains some papers Patterson received as a member of this Ad-Hoc Committee, and drafts of its final report, "The Education of Undergraduate Women at Princeton: An Examination of Coordinate Versus Coeducational Patterns."
collection icon
Princeton University. Community House.
The Princeton University Community House is a student-led organization that was established in 1969 by seven undergraduate students to provide academic and social enrichment programming to black youth and adults living in low-income Princeton neighborhoods. The Community House Records document the origins and activities of the organization since its inception and through its first three decades.
collection icon
Princeton University. Concerned Alumni of Princeton.
The Concerned Alumni of Princeton (CAP) was a group of politically conservative former Princeton University students that existed between 1972 and 1986. The records consists of correspondence, by-laws, and publicity items related to the Concerned Alumni of Princeton organization.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Copybook Collection brings together original materials from the university archives. Copybooks document individual students' work and interests; they may contain penmanship exercises, handwritten excerpts of poems, and/or literary translations.
collection icon
Princeton University. Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Corporate and Foundation Relations is an office within the department of Research at Princeton that raises funds to support education, research, and scholarship at the University. The collection includes annual reports (1980-1997), department statistics (1988-1993), and campaign status reports (1981-1985).
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Council of the Princeton University Community.
The Council of the Princeton University Community (CPUC) was born out of the Special Committee on the Structure of the University established by President Robert F. Goheen in May 1968. CPUC is primarily a deliberative and consultative body, with the authority to "consider and investigate" university policy, governance, and any general issue related to the welfare of the University. Much of the work of the Council takes place through its standing committees: the Executive Committee, the Committee on Rights and Rules, the Committee on Governance, the Committee on Priorities, the Committee on Resources, and the Judicial Committee.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
Following a fire that destroyed the University Gymnasium in 1944, a committee was formed by the Council of Athletics for the purpose of replacing as many of the athletic trophies of the University as possible. The collection consists of the records of the Council on Athletics Trophy Committee, including subject files containing photographs, drawings, purchase orders, and other general information about the trophies.
collection icon
Princeton University. Council on Urban Studies.
The Council on Urban Studies was formed in 1968 to confront "the numerous intellectual challenges posed by urbanization" and to foster and coordinate the teaching and research activities of the schools and departments at the University concerned with Urban Studies, such as the School of Architecture and the Woodrow Wilson School. The records include meeting minutes, correspondence, and a questionnaire circulated to undergraduates.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Cyrus Fogg Brackett Lectureship in Applied Engineering and Technology was established in memory of Professor Brackett in 1921 and continued until 1953. The collection contains many of the lectures–both in manuscript and published form–and correspondence with lecturers and potential lecturers. The collection also includes some general materials relating to the lectureship, such as citations, registries, histories, schedules, and short summaries of Professor Brackett's life and accomplishments.
collection icon

Daily Princetonian General records, 1876-2016
AC285
6 boxes 6 items 594 digital files

Daily Princetonian
The Daily Princetonian is the newspaper of Princeton University. The records consist of subject files from the editorial offices of The Prince covering topics such as awards, events, journalism seminars, and by-laws of the paper, as well as booklets published by the Daily Princetonian corporation.
collection icon
Daniel M. Sachs Class of 1960 Graduating Scholarship Committee
The Daniel M. Sachs Scholarship was established in 1968 by the Princeton University Class of 1960 in memory of Daniel Sachs, a class member who died of brain cancer at the age of 28. The records consist of fundraising files, committee correspondence, scholarship applications, correspondence with scholarship winners, and lists of winners.
collection icon

Davis International Center Records, 1982-2017
AC344
3 boxes 2 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Davis International Center.
The International Center at Princeton was founded in 1974 by a volunteer cohort of faculty, alumni, and community residents to welcome new international graduate students and visiting scholars to the University community. The collection documents the Center's programs and events, as well as international student associations and alumni groups.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Davis Spencer (1924-2005), a member of the Class of 1945, rowed on Princeton's freshman and varsity crews, and coached the 150-pound crew team that won the Royal Henley Regatta in 1948. The papers document Princeton's varsity 150-pound crew team as competitors and victors of the 1948 Royal Henley Regatta.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Dean Mathey (d. 1972), Class of 1912, was a member of the Board of Trustees and an ardent supporter of the University. The collection documents Mathey's familial relationships, service to Princeton, tennis career and other activities from his undergraduate days to the end of his life.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of African American Studies.
The Department of African American Studies at Princeton University is an academic department of Princeton University. The records consist of course proposals and descriptions, proposals for a post-doctoral program, and meeting minutes and correspondence of the interdepartmental committee as well as past versions of the department's website.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton university. Department of art and archaeology
The Art and Archaeology Department is one of the University's most distinguished academic departments, responsible for the education of students on the graduate and undergraduate level as well as the administration of the Princeton Art Museum. This collection consists of the records of the Department of Art and Archaeology, which include advisory council minutes; faculty files; gift records; correspondence; recommendations; project files; course lists; historical documents; and lists of images used in classes.
collection icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Biology.
The study of biology began at the College of New Jersey with the appointment in 1830 of botanist John Torrey into a part-time faculty position; it expanded with the formation of the School of Science in the 1870s; and was established as a department in 1904. The collection primarily consists of the records of the Department of Biology assembled during the tenures of Department Chairmen Edwin G. Conklin and Elmer Butler. Included are correspondence, general subject files, and records pertaining to grants, research endowments, publications, and administrative matters such as budgets and staffing. Also includes sponsored research reports and student grade cards.
collection icon

Department of Chemistry Records, 1893-2017
AC358
10 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry at Princeton University dates back to the early days of the College of New Jersey, and today it is one of the University's largest undergraduate concentrations. The collection contains examinations and grade books, records pertaining to chemistry research performed at the department in support of the U.S. Manhattan project and departmental records.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Department of Classics
The Department of Classics at Princeton University offers courses, both in English and in the original languages, that treat the whole range of ancient culture, from its mythology to its philosophy, law, and literature. Consists of the records of the Department of Classics from the late 19th and early 20th century.
collection icon

Department of English Records, 1872-2017
AC134
34 boxes 1 websites

online icon
Princeton university, Department of English
The papers of Princeton University's English Department document the many varied aspects of one of Princeton's largest academic departments. With some writings that pre-date the Department's formal establishment in 1904, the collection includes faculty meeting and sub-committee minutes; faculty personnel papers and correspondence; the papers of many prominent faculty members, which include class lectures, syllabi, and original scholarship; records of departmental majors; student work; and scrapbooks of publicity and memorabilia about the Department, its faculty, staff, and students, both undergraduate and graduate.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Facilities.
The Department of Facilities at Princeton University is responsible for the construction, maintenance, renovation, and financial management of the buildings and properties owned by the university. The Department of Facilities records document the daily activities of the department and its numerous divisions through blueprints, photographs, correspondence, memos, sketches, contracts, ledgers, tax returns, incorporation papers, by-laws, annual reports, financial statements, newspaper clippings, booklets, and meeting minutes.
collection icon

Department of French and Italian Records, 1909-2017
AC219
8 boxes 12 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of French and Italian.
The Department of French and Italian as it exists today at Princeton University originated in 1958 when the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures was split into the separate departments of Romance and Germanic Languages and Literatures. Consists of the records of the contemporary Department of French and Italian, collected while it was operating as the Department of Modern Languages and later the Department of Romance Languages and Literature.
collection icon

Department of Geosciences Records, 1845-2017
AC139
53 boxes 1 folder 1 websites

online icon
American Institute of Geonomy and Natural Resources
Established in 1904 as the Department of Geology, and later known as the Department of Geological and Geophysical Sciences, the Department of Geosciences has grown to become the center for the study of Earth, atmospheric, oceanographic, and environmental sciences at Princeton. The records document the department from its 19th-century origins to the recent past with departmental files, faculty files, faculty meeting minutes and visual materials.
collection icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Buildings and Grounds.
The Technical Correspondence Records, created by the Department of Grounds and Buildings, contain detailed information relating to the construction, maintenance, renovation, and demolition of buildings, and to the grounds and architects of Princeton University.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
From the time of the department's institution in 1924, history has typically been one of Princeton's most popular undergraduate concentrations, with the Department of History offering 40 or more undergraduate courses each year. The records consis of subject and faculty files, correspondence, departmental budgets, course syllabi, as well as records from several special projects.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Department of Mathematics.
Princeton University's Department of Mathematics, founded in 1904 under the chairmanship of Henry Burchard Fine, saw the development of a unique mathematical community in the 1930s that was unlike any other in America before that time and perhaps afterwards, and that had important consequences for American mathematics. The collection consists of written transcripts of 42 interviews with surviving faculty and students of the mathematics community in Princeton in the 1930s, as well as recordings of the interviews, microfilm of interview transcripts, background information on the project, and an archived website that was created in 1999 to provide online access to the interview transcripts and related information.
collection icon

Department of Music Records, 1932-2015
AC151
21 boxes 2 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Music.
Since 1935 Princeton University's Department of Music has offered courses in composition, music history, and related areas to students at the graduate and undergraduate level. The records of the Department of Music document the department's wide range of activities including teaching, research, curriculum development, and the planning of music-related programs on campus.
collection icon

Department of Near Eastern Studies Records, 1933-2017
AC164
24 boxes 4 items 1 websites

online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Near Eastern Studies.
The Department of Oriental Studies was formed at Princeton University in the spring of 1927 as the Department of Oriental Languages and Literature. It offered an interdisciplinary curriculum centered on the study of the Arabic, Turkish, and Persian languages and the regions in which they were spoken until 1969, when it was reorganized into the separate Departments of Near Eastern Studies and East Asian Studies. The records consist of correspondence, memoranda, printed materials, course syllabi, and other materials which document the activities of the department and it's faculty inside and outside of the classroom.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Department of Politics
The Department of Politics at Princeton University is one of the University's largest academic departments, offering undergraduate and graduate courses touching on nearly every aspect of the discipline of political science. The Department of Politics records document the activities of the Department of Politics and its faculty from the time of its founding in 1924 until the mid-1960s, and contain correspondence, course syllabi and notes, examinations, and subject files.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology dates from 1893, but was not officially established as an independent department until 1920. This collection includes group portraits and portraits of deparment faculty as well as some photos of individuals and locations that may not be Princeton-related.
collection icon
online icon
Princeton University. Dept. of Spanish and Portuguese Languages and Cultures.
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese Languages and Cultures was formed from the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures in 2001 and offers an undergraduate major in Spanish and/or Portuguese as well as a graduate program in the field. The records consist of undergraduate course syllabi from the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Languages and Cultures for the academic years 1994/1995 through 2009/2010.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Program in American Civilization at Princeton University, later known as the Program in American Studies, began in 1942 and is the University's oldest interdepartmental program of study. In the spring of 1964 the Program sponsored a three-day conference titled Design in America, in which research papers on architecture and city planning were presented by a number of scholars in the field. Consists of one bound volume containing the program schedule of the Design in America Conference, lists of those who participated, and a copy of each paper presented at the conference.
collection icon
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Dick Kazmaier was a Princeton University student and football player from 1948 to 1952. The Dick Kazmaier Papers include Kazmaier's course materials (class notes, exams, and thesis research material), as well as football team photographs, award certificates, and a scapbook of newspaper clipplings from 1949 to 1953.