This series consists of images of structures not located on the Princeton University campus, but in Princeton borough or township. Many of these images have some historical relationship to the school. Some images are homes owned by faculty members.
The glass plate negative prints consist of 479 contact prints made from the glass plate negatives that were stored in original negative boxes in a crate found in the MacMillan Building on Princeton University campus. The original order of the glass plate negatives, as they were stored within the original negative boxes, has been maintained. While it is not entirely certain, presumably around 1906, someone (perhaps Alexander R. Gulick or the photographer) placed these negatives in the boxes and labeled each with a subject. This arrangement does not reflect any chronological order or numerical order in terms of the numbers assigned to each negative, but it does appear to reflect how the images were used. The original glass plate boxes have been kept and are housed at the end of the collection as a separate series.
Consists of 314 black and white photographic prints arranged by negative number, presumably made between 1905 and 1906 (perhaps as late as early 1907) from the glass plate negatives. These were housed with the glass plate negatives found in the MacMillan building on campus. As there are only 314 prints and 479 glass plates, this is not a complete run of prints. However, some of these prints represent photographs for which we do not have negatives, and some of these images have notations on the backs indicating the subject.
Consists of 22 boxes of original glass plate negatives, arranged in the same order as the contact prints. The glass plates will not circulate under normal conditions. All reproductions will be made from the contact prints.
Includes video recordings of Princeton-related lectures, conferences, symposia, events, ceremonies and creative works. The media that these videos were stored on did not indicate the date of recording.