Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Fred I. Kent Papers, 1901-1954 (mostly 1920-1950)

MC077 42 boxes
Fred I. Kent (1869-1954) was a banker who spent the majority of his career at Bankers Trust Company in New York. He was an expert on foreign exchange, and during World War I and its aftermath was involved with establishing foreign exchange policies, reparations, and war debt. Kent was also active in numerous organizations, including the American Bankers Association and the International Chamber of Commerce. Kent's papers include his correspondence with businessmen and politicians about financial and economic issues, articles and speeches written by Kent, and papers documenting his involvement with several banking and economic organizations.

Clifford Nickles Carver Papers, 1885-1965 (mostly 1910-1918)

MC010 50 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Consists primarily of correspondence relating to the work of Carver (Princeton Class of 1913) as secretary (1914-1915) to Walter H. Page, the American ambassador in London, as secretary (1915) to Edward Mandell House in Europe, and as assistant to Bernard M. Baruch working for the War Industries Board, and to his commission in the U.S. Navy attached to the Office of Naval Intelligence (1917-1918).

Arthur von Briesen Papers, 1895-1929 (mostly 1905-1920)

MC034 12 boxes
The papers housed in the Arthur von Briesen Papers document the later years of Arthur von Briesen (1843-1920), a New York City lawyer and philanthropist. Von Briesen, a German-American patent lawyer, served as President of the Legal Aid Society of New York (1889-1916), and as president of the Alliance of Legal Aid Societies of America. Aside from emphasizing his work with the Legal Aid Society, the papers also highlight a variety of other areas--professional, political, and philanthropic--actively pursued by von Briesen. The papers illuminate the passionate side of von Briesen in the private correspondence with his family and others, as well as his cultural interests and engagement within the German-American community of New York City.

Arthur Garfield Hays Papers, 1915-1955

MC072 42 boxes 1 folder
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Arthur Garfield Hays Papers consist of correspondence, case files, speeches, articles, books, news clippings, and photos which document his career as a New York City lawyer and general counsel for the ACLU.

John Foster Dulles State Department Records, 1953-1959

MC074 20 boxes 184 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Consists of 192 reels of microfilm, totalling 131,000 frames, of selected U.S. State Department records from the years Dulles served as secretary of state, 1953-1959, under President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Common Cause Records, 1968-1991

MC054 328 boxes 4 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Common Cause is a non-profit advocacy organization committed to honest, open and accountable government and participation in the democratic process. The Common Cause Records consists of files of various staff members, general correspondence, reports of projects and studies, recordings of meetings and testimonies of staff, state files, and other corporate papers.

David Lawrence Papers, 1901-1975 (mostly 1933-1970)

MC084 395 boxes 2 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
David Lawrence, Princeton Class of 1910, was an American magazine and news service founder, editor, columnist, and author. This collection contains papers of Lawrence, including correspondence with notable twentieth century figures, articles, speeches, correspondent dispatches, radio broadcast transcripts, and manuscripts for several books.

Princeton School of Public and International Affairs Records, 1847-2017

AC129 149 boxes 38 items 108 digital files 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Founded in 1930 as a cooperative enterprise of the History, Politics, and Economics Departments of Princeton University at the undergraduate level, the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs has since grown into one of the nation's foremost centers for professional public policy education, offering degrees on both the undergraduate and graduate level and contributing original research in a wide variety of fields related to public and international affairs. The records document the school's founding and development and include correspondence, subject files, publications, and audiovisual materials.

Princeton University Library Records, 1734-2017 (mostly 1952-1995)

AC123 635 boxes 5 folders 10 items 87 Volumes 1605 digital files 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Princeton University Library is one of the foremost university libraries in the world. With collections totaling over 12 million volumes, manuscripts, and nonprint items spread across fifteen buildings, the Princeton University Library system serves not only the Princeton University community but the world at large. The Princeton University Library Records consist of the files of the University Librarian and other Library administrators and departments, as well as of the Friends of the Princeton University Library. Materials in the record group include correspondence, reports, publications, clippings, minutes, press releases, proposals, statistics, photographs and other audiovisual materials, and microfilm. The records document the Library's day-to-day operations as well as its involvement with other departments on campus, other college and university libraries, and library users.

Undergraduate Alumni Records, 1921-2008

AC199 801 boxes 2 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Consists of individual files of former undergraduate students of Princeton University, compiled by the Bureau of Alumni Information. Material in each file varies greatly but most include the names of relatives, notable achievements at Princeton and post-graduation, news items, address updates, and obituaries.

Department of French and Italian Records, 1909-2019

AC219 11 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Department of French and Italian as it exists today at Princeton University originated in 1958 when the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures was split into the separate departments of Romance and Germanic Languages and Literatures. Consists of the records of the contemporary Department of French and Italian, collected while it was operating as the Department of Modern Languages and later the Department of Romance Languages and Literature.

Princeton-Pennsylvania Accelerator records, 1963-1971

AC230 16 boxes
The Office of Occupational Health and Safety is charged with general oversight of the university health and safety effort and with assisting University departments and offices in discharging their health and safety responsibilities. The records consist of proposals and surveys compiled by the Office of Occupational Health and Safety in regards to radiation safety measures taken to protect workers and researchers at the Princeton-Pennsylvania Accelerator, a particle research facility that operated on Forrestal Campus from 1957 to 1971.

John Rupert Martin Papers, 1950-1999

AC204 4 boxes 2 items
John R. Martin was a professor of Art History at Princeton University for 40 years, joining the faculty as a Woodrow Wilson Fellow in 1947. Consists of Martin's correspondence and his handwritten lecture notes from courses taught as well as his lecture appointments at other institutions.

President's Standing Committee on the Status of Women Records, 1989-2001

AC255 6 boxes 2 items
The President's Standing Committee on the Status of Women was established in 1989 by president Harold Shapiro. Consists of the records of the committee including correspondence, meeting minutes, memos, subject files, and the records of the seperate task forces that have operated under the auspices of the committee.

Office of General Counsel Records, 1865-2016 (mostly 1971-1997)

AC283 343 boxes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Office of General Counsel, established in 1972, provides legal counsel to officers and departments of the University, and serves as legal representative for the University in litigation, administrative matters, and transactions. The records contain correspondence, memoranda, interview transcripts, administrative material relating to the Office of General Counsel and other departments, legal documents, grant and tax reports, legal briefs, affidavits, depositions, as well as litigation material involving estates, trusts, gifts, University employees, and various individuals and corporations.

Program in Latin American Studies Records, 1947-2017

AC249 10 boxes 2 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University's Program in Latin American Studies was founded in 1966 as an interdisciplinary course of study to supplement the regular undergraduate or graduate curriculum. Consists of publications, event information, videos of conferences, and other informational materials about the Program in Latin American Studies.

Princeton University Federal Credit Union Records, 1970-1981

AC250 2 boxes
The Princeton University Federal Credit Union is a non-profit member-owned credit union open to employees of Princeton University and several other related organizations. Consists of the organizational records of the Princeton University Federal Credit Union including meeting minutes, financial audits, memos, policies, and committee reports.

Office of the Vice President for Finance and Treasurer Records, 1930-2017 (mostly 1972-1997)

AC233 87 boxes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Office of the Vice President for Finance and Treasurer is the administrative office at Princeton University responsible for overseeing the university's budget, procurement services, tax compliance, risk management, and other general, non-investment related fiduciary responsibilities. The records in this collection primarily document the activities of three consecutive administrators who held the position of vice president for finance, either solely or in combination with the roles of treasurer and vice president for administration: Paul B. Firstenberg (1972-1976), Carl W. Schafer (1976-1987), and Richard R. Spies (1988-2001). Also included are the records of Laurel B. Harvey, who served as assistant vice president for finance and administration under Schafer and Spies.

Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records, 1888-1987 (mostly 1921-1963)

AC203 80 boxes 1 folder
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation, the bulk of which are financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards dating from 1921-1963. The collection also includes a small amount of audivisual material, photographs and sound recordings.

Historical Photograph Collection: Glass-Plate Negatives Series, 1880-1920

AC317 148 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Consists of approximately 2,180 glass plate negatives and prints. Topics most heavily represented within the collection include Princeton University buildings and grounds, and athletics.

Office of the Registrar Records, 1802-2015

AC116 331 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Office of the Registrar is the administrative office of Princeton University responsible for the collection and maintenance of the academic records of the student body, as well as the establishment of course and examination schedules and the collection of fees related to matriculation and registration. The records contain the academic records of individual students, subject files on topics related to admissions and matriculation, statistical reports, and other official documents issued by the Office of the Registrar.

Office of the Vice President for Public Affairs Records, 1924-2016 (mostly 1971-1994)

AC217 18 boxes 2 items 33 digital files
Princeton University's Vice President for Public Affairs has administrative oversight, under the President, of the presentation of the objectives and activities of the University to all its various publics, and serves as spokesperson for the University when needed. The records of the Vice President for Public Affairs consist of subject files assembled on topics relevant to the office's activities, as well as chronological files containing correspondence and interoffice memoranda.

University Chapel Stained Glass Windows Restoration records, 1999-2001

AC231 76 boxes
The Office of Physical Planning is one of several branches that together comprise the University's Department of Facilities. Consists of architectural surveys of the University Chapel with details of the window bays and the exterior facade, as well as photographs, slides, and microfilm documenting the work done on each window and sculpture during the 2000-2001 restoration, and day logs recording daily progress.

Princeton University Rowing Collection, 1874-2003

AC223 27 boxes 1 folder
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton has participated in intercollegiate rowing contests since 1874. The collection consists of photographs, memorabilia, scrapbooks, programs, correspondence and posters documenting the history of the Princeton University rowing program.

Arthur Cort Holden Papers, 1940-1993

AC246 8 boxes
Arthur Cort Holden was a member of the Princeton University Class of 1912. He went on to earn a graduate degree in architecture from Cornell University, and joined the New York City firm of McKim, Mead, and White, later forming his own firm and advising Frank Lloyd Wright on the design of the Guggenheim Museum in 1949. Consists of personal papers and correspondence of Arthur Cort Holden.

Patrick J. Kelleher Papers, 1942-1984

AC243 3 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Patrick J. Kelleher was the Director of the Princeton University Art Museum from 1962-1973. Consists of correspondence, publications, notes, press releases, schedules, and photographs collected by Patrick J. Kelleher over the course of his directorship of the Princeton University Art Museum.

Office of Human Resources Records, 1951-1983

AC228 5 boxes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University's Office of Human Resources was formed in 1952 under the title of the Office of Personnel Services to provide a centralized administrative unit with oversight for the institution's growing number of non-academic staff. The records include policy and procedure manuals, employment studies, administrative salary reviews, pension plan reports, and information on the University's unemployment policy.

Princeton University Fund Records, 1877-1972 (mostly 1938-1956)

AC201 22 boxes
Though informal fundraising groups acting under the auspices of the Graduate Council had used the name since the 1920s, the Princeton University Fund as it came to be known was officially assembled in 1940 to provide a permanent organization dedicated to annual giving and other fundraising efforts. Consists of detailed committee minutes and correspondence of the Princeton University Fund. Also included in the collection are annual fundraising reports, promotional materials and clippings, and organizational charts.

Princeton University Archives John Maclean, Jr. Collection, 1794-1935 (mostly 1852-1880)

AC339 6 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
John Maclean, Jr. was a professor, vice president, and president of Princeton University. The Princeton University Archives John Maclean, Jr. Collection consists of letters to and from John Maclean regarding the history of the College of New Jersey as well as family matters.

Student Correspondence and Writings Collection, 1768-2020

AC334 19 boxes 4 digital files
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Student Correspondence and Writings Collection contains original materials from the university archives that document aspects of student life as experienced by students at Princeton University.

Office of the Treasurer Records, 1754-2009 (mostly 1939-2006)

AC128 205 boxes 2 folders 2 items 98 Volumes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Office of the Treasurer is Princeton University's administrative office charged with the coordination and execution of the receipt, disbursement, custody, and safeguarding of the financial assets and resources of the University. The Office of the Treasurer records document the custodianship of Princeton University's finances and contain correspondence, annual reports, budgets, audited statements, and other finance-related materials which are related to the University's assets, investments, cash flow, and spending practices.

Triangle Club Records, 1883-2020

AC122 50 GB 293 boxes 3 folders 4 items 93681 digital files 1 websites 345.58 linear feet (312 containers)
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Triangle Club Records consists of records of the Club and its predecessor, the Princeton College Drama Association, for productions performed by these organizations from 1883 to the present. Materials include correspondence, playbills, scripts, scores, newspaper clippings, posters, scrapbooks, and photographs as well as audio-visual recordings.

Office of the President Records: Robert F. Goheen Subgroup, 1924-1988 (mostly 1957-1972)

AC193 572 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The records of the Office of President Goheen contain the files of the President's Office during the administration of President Robert F. Goheen (1957-1972). The collection contains eighteen series, which consist of correspondence and memoranda, reports, speeches, publications, and related materials, which were created or received by Robert Goheen and other members of the President's office.

Office of the Vice President and Secretary Records, 1853-2019 (mostly 1901-1985)

AC190 202 boxes 1 folder 12 items 3533 digital files 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
This collection chronicles the administrative responsibilities and activities of the vice presidents and secretaries of the University. Included are correspondence, memoranda, and notes concerning committee activities. Also included are press releases, discussions pertaining to trustee matters, scholarship information, and biographical files on honorary degree recipients.

Office of the President Records: Harold T. Shapiro Subgroup, 1939-2004 (mostly 1987-2001)

AC264 161 boxes 20 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Office of the President Records: Harold T. Shapiro contains the files generated and compiled by Princeton University's Office of the President during the administration of Harold Tafler Shapiro *64, the University's 18th president. The records consist of files pertaining to academic programs, campus building projects, fundraising, students, faculty, and staff and include correspondence, reports, speeches, and printed materials.

Office of Physical Planning Records, 1869-1994 (mostly 1946-1994)

AC154 124 boxes 3 folders 160 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Office of Physical Planning was the division of Princeton University's Department of Facilities charged with oversight of the construction of new buildings on campus and alterations to existing structures. The records consist of office files and architectural drawings in a variety of formats.

Office of the President Records: William G. Bowen Subgroup, 1940-2005 (mostly 1972-1987)

AC187 467 boxes 1 folder 2 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The collection contains the files compiled by the Office of the President during the presidency of William G. Bowen GS'58 (July 1972 to January 1988). The files consist of correspondence, memoranda, reports, speeches, publications, and other assorted material. Series 18 includes the files of three assistants to the president, biographical and photographic material about Bowen, and a card index of the files. There is some overlap between the files in this collection and the files of presidents Goheen and Shapiro. Records found here are sometimes duplicated in the records of other administrative offices on campus.

Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students Records, 1907-2015

AC136 135 boxes 3 folders 6 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Dean of Undergraduate Students, formerly known as the Dean of Students and the Dean of Student Affairs, is the University's administrative office charged with oversight of undergraduate residential life, extracurricular activities, and student discipline. The Dean of Undergraduate Students records contain correspondence, memos, and meeting minutes, as well as the financial records of student organizations.

Princeton University 250th Anniversary Celebration Collection, 1993-1997

AC180 105 boxes 4 folders 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The 250th anniversary of Princeton's founding as the College of New Jersey in 1746, also known by the coined term "Bicennquinquagenary", was celebrated in 1996-1997 with a yearlong series of events. The collection consists of the records of the office in charge of organizing all 250th anniversary celebration activities, as well as examples of the many publications, event programs, invitations, posters, audio and visual recordings, and commemorative artifacts created in conjunction with those activities.

Undergraduate Student Government Records, 1962-2022 (mostly 1982-1997)

AC185 7 boxes 6 items 2 websites 0.1 GB
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Undergraduate Student Government (USG), established in 1975, was founded on the principles of representation and independence fostered during the student agitation and institutional reforms of the previous decade. The bulk of the collection consists of the records and publications of the Undergraduate Student Government from 1982 to 1997. Campaign and publicity records from the Princeton University Democrats, and student activism files from the office of Princeton University Professor Stanley Kelley are included in the collection as well.

Council of the Princeton University Community Records, 1965-2016 (mostly 1969-1976)

AC183 15 boxes 2 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Council of the Princeton University Community (CPUC) was born out of the Special Committee on the Structure of the University established by President Robert F. Goheen in May 1968. CPUC is primarily a deliberative and consultative body, with the authority to "consider and investigate" university policy, governance, and any general issue related to the welfare of the University. Much of the work of the Council takes place through its standing committees: the Executive Committee, the Committee on Rights and Rules, the Committee on Governance, the Committee on Priorities, the Committee on Resources, and the Judicial Committee.

John W. H. Simpson Photograph Collection, 1975-1993 and undated

AC179 15 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
John W. H. Simpson was a member of the Princeton University class of 1966. Consists of negatives, contact sheets, and slides of John W. H. Simpson's photographs of Princeton.

Office of the Recording Secretary Records, 1939-2010 (mostly 1958-1984)

AC197 11 boxes
Working in conjunction with the Office of Development, Princeton University's Office of the Recording Secretary receives and officially acknowledges gifts to Princeton on behalf of the president and the trustees of the University, and keeps donors informed as to the impact of their gifts. The files from the Office of the Recording Secretary consist of records of gifts donated to Princeton.

Nassau Hall Iconography, 1760-1981

AC177 6 boxes 1 folder
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The collection contains representations of Nassau Hall and other historic buildings of Princeton University. Most of them are reproductions, some photographic.

J. Wayman Williams Photographs of Princeton University, 1943-1950

AC483 16 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The collection contains photographic negatives and prints of Princeton University campus life, taken by J. Wayman Williams for the Bric-a-Brac yearbook and the Princeton Alumni Weekly during the years 1943-1944 and 1947-1950. The collection is still being processed and the negatives are not available to view in the reading room. The negatives are in a queue for digitization.
Top 3 results view all 44

Princeton University Student Organization Websites Collection, 1996-2018

AC476 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The collection, assembled by staff of the University Archives, contains captures of public websites created and maintained by various student organizations at Princeton University. The collection does not contain exhaustive captures of all public student organization websites.
Top 3 results view all 152
File

Anime-Manga Princeton Public Website, 2018

HAS ONLINE CONTENT
This website, which is intended for Princeton students and the general public, contains information about the Anime-Manga Princeton, an undergraduate student group that for fans of Japanese animation and manga. They meet for weekly showings, as well as for monthly events such as field trips, karaoke, and cosplay and manga workshops.
File

Black Arts Company-Dance Public Website, 2018

HAS ONLINE CONTENT
This website, which is intended for Princeton students and the general public, contains information about the Black Arts Company (BAC) Dance, an undergraduate student group that explores new styles of hip-hop, builds creative artistic visions, and strives to maintain their ties to the black arts and incite cultural dialogue on movement from the diaspora. To find more archival records about the Black Arts Company (BAC) Dance, visit the finding aid at https://findingaids.princeton.edu/collections/ AC459.

Princeton Nassoons Records, 1941-2012

AC412 6 boxes
The Princeton Nassoons are a close-harmony, all male, student a cappella group that formed in the late 1930s. The collection consists primarily of the Princeton Nassoons' original musical arrangements and correspondence.

Dillon Gym Library Collection, 1891-2003 (mostly 1930-1991)

AC446 8 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
The Dillon Gym Library was housed in Dillon Gym, which opened in 1947. Dillon Gym is now mainly used as the headquarters for the Campus Recreation program, and includes various administrative and varsity athletic coaches' offices. The majority of the collection is made up of published material such as athletic handbooks, rule guides and technique charts; athletic organization convention and conference reports; and university publications (sports schedules and programs, admissions material, faculty, staff, and alumni guides and fundraising publications). The collection contains several areas of focus—notably, material on women's sports at Princeton.

Charles Black Hutchinson Papers, 1885-1951 (mostly 1935-1944)

AC432 3 boxes 4 items
The Charles Black Hutchinson Papers primarily include Charles Hutchinson's correspondence and schoolwork from the period 1935 to 1944, when Hutchinson was a student at the Lawrenceville School (1935 to 1939), at Princeton University (1939 to 1943), and serving in the Army's 681st Glider Battalion (beginning in 1943).

Faculty Oral History Project, 1995-1998

AC475 2 boxes
The Faculty Oral History Project was conducted by Richard Challener, Class of 1944, under the direction of Princeton University Archivist Ben Primer. The collection consists of audio files of interviews with faculty members of Princeton University about their experiences at Princeton.