Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Date range 1946 Remove constraint Date range: <span class="single" data-blrl-single="1946">1946</span>

Search Results

Collection

David A. Morse Papers, 1895-2003 (mostly 1942-1990)

MC097 124 boxes 1 folder 1 item
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Morse, David A. (David Abner) (1907-1990)
The David A. Morse Papers document the life and times of David Abner Morse (1907-1990), American lawyer, soldier, and public official. While he distinguished himself in legal, military, and governmental circles, the most fruitful years of his life were spent at the helm of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), the oldest member of the United Nations' family of specialized agencies. As Director-General of the International Labour Office in Geneva from 1948 to 1970, Morse guided the increasingly complex activities of this tripartite organization, which unites in one body the representatives of workers, governments, and employers. No one has had a longer tenure as its head, and no one has presided over such far-reaching changes in its composition and orientation. Drawing on a variety of experiences in the field of domestic and international labor, including appointments as Assistant, Under, and Acting Secretary of Labor in the Truman administration, Morse gave practical meaning in a postwar context to the ILO's underlying philosophy, namely, that "universal and lasting peace can be established only if it is based upon social justice." The pursuit of this object won for the ILO the Nobel Peace Prize in 1969. The David Morse Papers contain correspondence, reports, memoranda, photographs, and newspaper clippings that document this long, productive career.
Collection

David E. Lilienthal Papers, 1900-1981 (mostly 1950-1981)

MC148 632 boxes 4 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Lilienthal, David Eli, 1899-1981
David Lilienthal served on the Wisconsin Public Service Commission (1923-1932), as a member of the board of directors (1933-1941) and then chairman (1941-1946) of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), as first chairman (1946-1950) of the Atomic Energy Commission, and, later, in private business as an industrial consultant and chairman (1955) of the Development and Resources Corporation, which was involved with the Khuzestan Program in Iran. This collection consists of the papers of Lilienthal spanning his entire career, including correspondence, reports, articles, speeches, and printed matter.
Collection
Bradford, David F. (1939-2005)
David F. Bradford (1939-2005) was a professor of economics and public affairs at Princeton University and served on the faculty from 1966 to 2005. His main areas of study were public finance and urban problems, and he was internationally known as an expert on taxation. Bradford's papers document his academic career and include correspondence files and conference files, as well as papers related to his research with Harry H. Kelejian, his appointment books, and biographical materials from his years as a student.
Collection

David Lawrence Papers, 1901-1975 (mostly 1933-1970)

MC084 395 boxes 2 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Lawrence, David (1888-1973)
David Lawrence, Princeton Class of 1910, was an American magazine and news service founder, editor, columnist, and author. This collection contains papers of Lawrence, including correspondence with notable twentieth century figures, articles, speeches, correspondent dispatches, radio broadcast transcripts, and manuscripts for several books.
Collection

David Lewis Papers, 1945-2019 (mostly 1960-2001)

C1520 55 boxes 26.4 linear feet 4.5 GB 1991 digital files
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Lewis, David K. (David Kellogg), 1941-2001
David Kellogg Lewis (1941-2001) was an American philosopher who taught at Princeton University and the University of California, Los Angeles and contributed to metaphysics, philosophy of mind, philosophy of language, philosophy of mathematics, philosophy of science, decision theory, epistemology, meta-ethics, and aesthetics. Lewis's papers include over four decades of his correspondence with other philosophers and scholars, including David M. Armstrong, J. J. C. Smart, Frank Jackson, D. H. Mellor, M. J. Cresswell, Allen Hazen, John Bigelow, and others, as well as drafts of his articles, books, reviews, and unpublished writings with related correspondence, his undergraduate and graduate student papers and class notes, research materials from his time at the Hudson Institute, photographs of Lewis with friends and fellow philosophers, a group of files kept by the Australian philosopher David M. Armstrong regarding Lewis, papers of Stephanie R. Lewis, and family papers.
Collection

David N. Rowe Correspondence, 1944-1948

C1259 1 box 0.2 linear feet
Rowe, David Nelson
Consists of correspondence between David Nelson Rowe, a professor in Princeton University's School of Public and International Affairs, and five of his Princeton University students who had joined the U.S. Army, Navy, or the Marines, during World War II.
Collection

Delafield Family Papers, 1393-1985 (mostly 1800-1950)

C0391 164 boxes 1 oversize folder 70 linear feet
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Delafield family
The Delafields were avid collectors of family history and family-related memorabilia in the Hudson River Valley region of New York state. This collection consists of the papers of the Delafield family and related families, most prominently the Livingstons, containing both personal papers and papers collected for their genealogical and historical significance.
Collection

Department of Art and Archaeology Records, 1882-2017 (mostly 1925-1981)

AC140 17 boxes 2 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton university. Department of art and archaeology
The Art and Archaeology Department is one of the University's most distinguished academic departments, responsible for the education of students on the graduate and undergraduate level as well as the administration of the Princeton Art Museum. This collection consists of the records of the Department of Art and Archaeology, which include advisory council minutes; faculty files; gift records; correspondence; recommendations; project files; course lists; historical documents; and lists of images used in classes.
Collection
Princeton University. Dept. of Biology.
The study of biology began at the College of New Jersey with the appointment in 1830 of botanist John Torrey into a part-time faculty position; it expanded with the formation of the School of Science in the 1870s; and was established as a department in 1904. The collection primarily consists of the records of the Department of Biology assembled during the tenures of Department Chairmen Edwin G. Conklin and Elmer Butler. Included are correspondence, general subject files, and records pertaining to grants, research endowments, publications, and administrative matters such as budgets and staffing. Also includes sponsored research reports and student grade cards.
Collection

Department of Chemistry Records, 1893-2017

AC358 10 boxes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry at Princeton University dates back to the early days of the College of New Jersey, and today it is one of the University's largest undergraduate concentrations. The collection contains examinations and grade books, records pertaining to chemistry research performed at the department in support of the U.S. Manhattan project and departmental records.
Collection

Department of Classics Records, 1894-2017 (mostly 1894-1935)

AC225 3 boxes 3 Volumes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Department of Classics
The Department of Classics at Princeton University offers courses, both in English and in the original languages, that treat the whole range of ancient culture, from its mythology to its philosophy, law, and literature. Consists of the records of the Department of Classics from the late 19th and early 20th century.
Collection

Department of English Records, 1872-2017

AC134 34 boxes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton university, Department of English
The papers of Princeton University's English Department document the many varied aspects of one of Princeton's largest academic departments. With some writings that pre-date the Department's formal establishment in 1904, the collection includes faculty meeting and sub-committee minutes; faculty personnel papers and correspondence; the papers of many prominent faculty members, which include class lectures, syllabi, and original scholarship; records of departmental majors; student work; and scrapbooks of publicity and memorabilia about the Department, its faculty, staff, and students, both undergraduate and graduate.
Collection

Department of Facilities Records, 1803-2015 (mostly 1955-1981)

AC041 64 boxes 2 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Facilities.
The Department of Facilities at Princeton University is responsible for the construction, maintenance, renovation, and financial management of the buildings and properties owned by the university. The Department of Facilities records document the daily activities of the department and its numerous divisions through blueprints, photographs, correspondence, memos, sketches, contracts, ledgers, tax returns, incorporation papers, by-laws, annual reports, financial statements, newspaper clippings, booklets, and meeting minutes.
Collection

Department of French and Italian Records, 1909-2019

AC219 11 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of French and Italian.
The Department of French and Italian as it exists today at Princeton University originated in 1958 when the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures was split into the separate departments of Romance and Germanic Languages and Literatures. Consists of the records of the contemporary Department of French and Italian, collected while it was operating as the Department of Modern Languages and later the Department of Romance Languages and Literature.
Collection

Department of Geosciences Records, 1845-2017

AC139 53 boxes 1 folder 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
American Institute of Geonomy and Natural Resources
Established in 1904 as the Department of Geology, and later known as the Department of Geological and Geophysical Sciences, the Department of Geosciences has grown to become the center for the study of Earth, atmospheric, oceanographic, and environmental sciences at Princeton. The records document the department from its 19th-century origins to the recent past with departmental files, faculty files, faculty meeting minutes and visual materials.
Collection
Princeton University. Dept. of Buildings and Grounds.
The Technical Correspondence Records, created by the Department of Grounds and Buildings, contain detailed information relating to the construction, maintenance, renovation, and demolition of buildings, and to the grounds and architects of Princeton University.