Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Date range 1946 Remove constraint Date range: <span class="single" data-blrl-single="1946">1946</span>

Search Results

Collection

Department of History records, 1926-2017 (mostly 1926-1979)

AC049 14 boxes 1 website
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of History.
From the time of the department's institution in 1924, history has typically been one of Princeton's most popular undergraduate concentrations, with the Department of History offering 40 or more undergraduate courses each year. The records consis of subject and faculty files, correspondence, departmental budgets, course syllabi, as well as records from several special projects.
Collection

Department of Music Records, 1932-2015

AC151 21 boxes 2 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Music.
Since 1935 Princeton University's Department of Music has offered courses in composition, music history, and related areas to students at the graduate and undergraduate level. The records of the Department of Music document the department's wide range of activities including teaching, research, curriculum development, and the planning of music-related programs on campus.
Collection

Department of Near Eastern Studies Records, 1933-2017

AC164 25 boxes 4 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Near Eastern Studies.
The Department of Oriental Studies was formed at Princeton University in the spring of 1927 as the Department of Oriental Languages and Literature. It offered an interdisciplinary curriculum centered on the study of the Arabic, Turkish, and Persian languages and the regions in which they were spoken until 1969, when it was reorganized into the separate Departments of Near Eastern Studies and East Asian Studies. The records consist of correspondence, memoranda, printed materials, course syllabi, and other materials which document the activities of the department and it's faculty inside and outside of the classroom.
Collection

Department of Politics Records, 1921-2017 (mostly 1921-1978)

AC166 39 boxes 4 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Department of Politics
The Department of Politics at Princeton University is one of the University's largest academic departments, offering undergraduate and graduate courses touching on nearly every aspect of the discipline of political science. The Department of Politics records document the activities of the Department of Politics and its faculty from the time of its founding in 1924 until the mid-1960s, and contain correspondence, course syllabi and notes, examinations, and subject files.
Collection

Department of Psychology Records, 1880-2017

AC397 1 box 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology dates from 1893, but was not officially established as an independent department until 1920. This collection includes group portraits and portraits of deparment faculty as well as some photos of individuals and locations that may not be Princeton-related.
Collection

Derso and Kelen Collection, 1922-1982 (mostly 1922-1970)

MC205 68 boxes 1 folder
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Derso, Alois (1888-1964)
The Derso and Kelen Collection consists of correspondence, writings, published material, and over 900 cartoons and caricatures in varying media ranging from pencil sketches and ink drawings to richly-hued watercolors and limited edition lithographic portfolios created by the Hungarian caricaturists and political satirists Alois Derso and Emery Kelen. The vast majority of the works were produced between 1920 and 1950, the active period of collaboration between Derso and Kelen.
Collection
Development and Resources Corporation
The Development and Resources Corporation (D&R), founded and directed by David E. Lilienthal, operated from 1955 to 1979 and was based in New York City. D&R provided regional economic development services to governments throughout the world, often with a focus on the development of water resources and the construction of dams. Its main project was the development of the Khuzestan region of Iran. D&R's records document its development projects and business operations and include correspondence, contracts, data and maps, proposals and reports, and collected materials about each country.
Collection
Eltit, Diamela, 1949-
A collection of manuscript and typescript drafts of and notebooks related to Eltit's works, personal and work-related correspondence mostly from the mid-1980s to 1990s, and other miscellaneous personal and work-related papers.
Collection

Dillon Gym Library Collection, 1891-2003 (mostly 1930-1991)

AC446 8 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
The Dillon Gym Library was housed in Dillon Gym, which opened in 1947. Dillon Gym is now mainly used as the headquarters for the Campus Recreation program, and includes various administrative and varsity athletic coaches' offices. The majority of the collection is made up of published material such as athletic handbooks, rule guides and technique charts; athletic organization convention and conference reports; and university publications (sports schedules and programs, admissions material, faculty, staff, and alumni guides and fundraising publications). The collection contains several areas of focus—notably, material on women's sports at Princeton.
Collection
Griffin, Donald Worner
Donald Worner Griffin was a member of the Princeton class of 1923. Griffin was recognized frequently by University administration as being instrumental in revitalizing alumni ties in the years after World War II, as well as helping shape the modern state of Princeton alumni relations. Consists of the personal correspondence and clippings of Donald Worner Griffin.