Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Date range 1945 to 1949 Remove constraint Date range: <span class="from" data-blrl-begin="1945">1945</span> to <span class="to" data-blrl-end="1949">1949</span>

Search Results

Collection

David N. Rowe Correspondence, 1944-1948

C1259 1 box 0.2 linear feet
Rowe, David Nelson
Consists of correspondence between David Nelson Rowe, a professor in Princeton University's School of Public and International Affairs, and five of his Princeton University students who had joined the U.S. Army, Navy, or the Marines, during World War II.
Collection

Delafield Family Papers, 1393-1985 (mostly 1800-1950)

C0391 164 boxes 1 oversize folder 70 linear feet
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Delafield family
The Delafields were avid collectors of family history and family-related memorabilia in the Hudson River Valley region of New York state. This collection consists of the papers of the Delafield family and related families, most prominently the Livingstons, containing both personal papers and papers collected for their genealogical and historical significance.
Collection

Department of Art and Archaeology Records, 1882-2017 (mostly 1925-1981)

AC140 17 boxes 2 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton university. Department of art and archaeology
The Art and Archaeology Department is one of the University's most distinguished academic departments, responsible for the education of students on the graduate and undergraduate level as well as the administration of the Princeton Art Museum. This collection consists of the records of the Department of Art and Archaeology, which include advisory council minutes; faculty files; gift records; correspondence; recommendations; project files; course lists; historical documents; and lists of images used in classes.
Collection
Princeton University. Dept. of Biology.
The study of biology began at the College of New Jersey with the appointment in 1830 of botanist John Torrey into a part-time faculty position; it expanded with the formation of the School of Science in the 1870s; and was established as a department in 1904. The collection primarily consists of the records of the Department of Biology assembled during the tenures of Department Chairmen Edwin G. Conklin and Elmer Butler. Included are correspondence, general subject files, and records pertaining to grants, research endowments, publications, and administrative matters such as budgets and staffing. Also includes sponsored research reports and student grade cards.
Collection

Department of Chemistry Records, 1893-2017

AC358 10 boxes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry at Princeton University dates back to the early days of the College of New Jersey, and today it is one of the University's largest undergraduate concentrations. The collection contains examinations and grade books, records pertaining to chemistry research performed at the department in support of the U.S. Manhattan project and departmental records.
Collection

Department of Classics Records, 1894-2017 (mostly 1894-1935)

AC225 3 boxes 3 Volumes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Department of Classics
The Department of Classics at Princeton University offers courses, both in English and in the original languages, that treat the whole range of ancient culture, from its mythology to its philosophy, law, and literature. Consists of the records of the Department of Classics from the late 19th and early 20th century.
Collection
The first report presents a chart method for calculating the characteristics of a reactor. The second report offers a set of universal curves which could be used to find the characteristics more easily. The third report describes in more detail two specific uses of the universal curves which were not covered in the second report, namely calculation of the d-c flux linkages in the reactor and calculations of problems involving rectifiers.
Collection

Department of English Records, 1872-2017

AC134 34 boxes 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton university, Department of English
The papers of Princeton University's English Department document the many varied aspects of one of Princeton's largest academic departments. With some writings that pre-date the Department's formal establishment in 1904, the collection includes faculty meeting and sub-committee minutes; faculty personnel papers and correspondence; the papers of many prominent faculty members, which include class lectures, syllabi, and original scholarship; records of departmental majors; student work; and scrapbooks of publicity and memorabilia about the Department, its faculty, staff, and students, both undergraduate and graduate.
Collection

Department of Facilities Records, 1803-2015 (mostly 1955-1981)

AC041 64 boxes 2 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Facilities.
The Department of Facilities at Princeton University is responsible for the construction, maintenance, renovation, and financial management of the buildings and properties owned by the university. The Department of Facilities records document the daily activities of the department and its numerous divisions through blueprints, photographs, correspondence, memos, sketches, contracts, ledgers, tax returns, incorporation papers, by-laws, annual reports, financial statements, newspaper clippings, booklets, and meeting minutes.
Collection

Department of French and Italian Records, 1909-2019

AC219 11 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of French and Italian.
The Department of French and Italian as it exists today at Princeton University originated in 1958 when the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures was split into the separate departments of Romance and Germanic Languages and Literatures. Consists of the records of the contemporary Department of French and Italian, collected while it was operating as the Department of Modern Languages and later the Department of Romance Languages and Literature.
Collection

Department of Geosciences Records, 1845-2017

AC139 53 boxes 1 folder 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
American Institute of Geonomy and Natural Resources
Established in 1904 as the Department of Geology, and later known as the Department of Geological and Geophysical Sciences, the Department of Geosciences has grown to become the center for the study of Earth, atmospheric, oceanographic, and environmental sciences at Princeton. The records document the department from its 19th-century origins to the recent past with departmental files, faculty files, faculty meeting minutes and visual materials.
Collection
Princeton University. Dept. of Buildings and Grounds.
The Technical Correspondence Records, created by the Department of Grounds and Buildings, contain detailed information relating to the construction, maintenance, renovation, and demolition of buildings, and to the grounds and architects of Princeton University.
Collection

Department of History records, 1926-2017 (mostly 1926-1979)

AC049 14 boxes 1 website
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of History.
From the time of the department's institution in 1924, history has typically been one of Princeton's most popular undergraduate concentrations, with the Department of History offering 40 or more undergraduate courses each year. The records consis of subject and faculty files, correspondence, departmental budgets, course syllabi, as well as records from several special projects.
Collection

Department of Music Records, 1932-2015

AC151 21 boxes 2 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Music.
Since 1935 Princeton University's Department of Music has offered courses in composition, music history, and related areas to students at the graduate and undergraduate level. The records of the Department of Music document the department's wide range of activities including teaching, research, curriculum development, and the planning of music-related programs on campus.
Collection

Department of Near Eastern Studies Records, 1933-2017

AC164 25 boxes 4 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Dept. of Near Eastern Studies.
The Department of Oriental Studies was formed at Princeton University in the spring of 1927 as the Department of Oriental Languages and Literature. It offered an interdisciplinary curriculum centered on the study of the Arabic, Turkish, and Persian languages and the regions in which they were spoken until 1969, when it was reorganized into the separate Departments of Near Eastern Studies and East Asian Studies. The records consist of correspondence, memoranda, printed materials, course syllabi, and other materials which document the activities of the department and it's faculty inside and outside of the classroom.
Collection

Department of Politics Records, 1921-2017 (mostly 1921-1978)

AC166 39 boxes 4 items 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Department of Politics
The Department of Politics at Princeton University is one of the University's largest academic departments, offering undergraduate and graduate courses touching on nearly every aspect of the discipline of political science. The Department of Politics records document the activities of the Department of Politics and its faculty from the time of its founding in 1924 until the mid-1960s, and contain correspondence, course syllabi and notes, examinations, and subject files.
Collection

Department of Psychology Records, 1880-2017

AC397 1 box 1 websites
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology dates from 1893, but was not officially established as an independent department until 1920. This collection includes group portraits and portraits of deparment faculty as well as some photos of individuals and locations that may not be Princeton-related.
Collection

Derso and Kelen Collection, 1922-1982 (mostly 1922-1970)

MC205 68 boxes 1 folder
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Derso, Alois (1888-1964)
The Derso and Kelen Collection consists of correspondence, writings, published material, and over 900 cartoons and caricatures in varying media ranging from pencil sketches and ink drawings to richly-hued watercolors and limited edition lithographic portfolios created by the Hungarian caricaturists and political satirists Alois Derso and Emery Kelen. The vast majority of the works were produced between 1920 and 1950, the active period of collaboration between Derso and Kelen.
Collection
Development and Resources Corporation
The Development and Resources Corporation (D&R), founded and directed by David E. Lilienthal, operated from 1955 to 1979 and was based in New York City. D&R provided regional economic development services to governments throughout the world, often with a focus on the development of water resources and the construction of dams. Its main project was the development of the Khuzestan region of Iran. D&R's records document its development projects and business operations and include correspondence, contracts, data and maps, proposals and reports, and collected materials about each country.
Collection
Eltit, Diamela, 1949-
A collection of manuscript and typescript drafts of and notebooks related to Eltit's works, personal and work-related correspondence mostly from the mid-1980s to 1990s, and other miscellaneous personal and work-related papers.
Collection

Dillon Gym Library Collection, 1891-2003 (mostly 1930-1991)

AC446 8 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Athletics Department.
The Dillon Gym Library was housed in Dillon Gym, which opened in 1947. Dillon Gym is now mainly used as the headquarters for the Campus Recreation program, and includes various administrative and varsity athletic coaches' offices. The majority of the collection is made up of published material such as athletic handbooks, rule guides and technique charts; athletic organization convention and conference reports; and university publications (sports schedules and programs, admissions material, faculty, staff, and alumni guides and fundraising publications). The collection contains several areas of focus—notably, material on women's sports at Princeton.
Collection
Griffin, Donald Worner
Donald Worner Griffin was a member of the Princeton class of 1923. Griffin was recognized frequently by University administration as being instrumental in revitalizing alumni ties in the years after World War II, as well as helping shape the modern state of Princeton alumni relations. Consists of the personal correspondence and clippings of Donald Worner Griffin.
Collection

Don Oberdorfer Papers, 1930-2012 (mostly 1978-2008)

MC162 25 boxes
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Oberdorfer, Don (1931-2015)
Don Oberdorfer (1931-2015) worked as a journalist for nearly four decades; twenty-five of those years were as a staff member at the Washington Post, where he served as White House correspondent (1968-1972), Northeast Asia correspondent (1972-1975), and diplomatic correspondent (1976-1993). The collection is mostly composed of Oberdorfer's notebooks that chronicle his assignments with the Post, as well as his work post-retirement. The collection also consists of transcripts of interviews conducted by Oberdorfer with both American and Soviet foreign policy officials for his book The Turn: From the Cold War to a New Era, The United States and the Soviet Union, 1983-1990 (Poseidon Press, 1991, and Touchstone Press, 1992). Additionally, the papers contain a significant amount of research material and writings related to Oberdorfer's career, foreign policy actions taken by the United States and the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War, and the political climate of Japan and Korea from the late 1960s into the early twenty-first century.
Collection

Dora Marsden Collection, 1907-1961 (mostly 1909-1914)

C0283 4 boxes 1.60 linear feet
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
Dora Marsden was an English author, editor, and suffragette. The collection contains correspondence about Marsden's books and periodicals, manuscripts sent to the periodicals, correspondence with other feminists, part of James Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and correspondence with contemporary literary figures.
Collection
White, Dorothy Shipley, 1896-
The Dorothy Shipley White Collection encompasses two sets of photographs, one on the life of Charles deGaulle and the other on French Africa. White presumably collected the photographs in preparation for her book, Black Africa and deGaulle (Pennsylvania State University Press, 1979). Mrs. White sent the photographs and negatives of the deGaulle photographs to Princeton in 1989.
Collection
Crane, Edward M. (Edward Matthews), 1922- .
The D. Van Nostrand Company Collection of Edward M. Crane consists of correspondence, financial papers, documents, diaries, photographs, artwork, printed matter, and other papers of the American publishing consultant and former president of D. Van Nostrand Company Edward Matthews Crane (1922- ).
Collection

Eating Clubs Records, 1874-2010

AC019 53 boxes 1 folder 2 items
SOME ONLINE CONTENT
Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
The Eating Club Records consist of manuscript and printed material from almost all the clubs. The records of individual eating clubs have been combined with material on Eating Clubs in general. This material includes correspondence, reports, minutes, financial statements, constitutions, and miscellaneous records. Printed material in the records consist of newspaper and magazine clippings, club membership books, and club histories.
Collection
Economists' National Committee on Monetary Policy (U.S.)
The Economists' National Committee on Monetary Policy, active from November 1933 to 1970, was composed of economists and other financial experts who sought to educate the public and United States government on sound monetary policy. The Committee advocated for a return to the gold standard and sought to combat what they saw as dangerous inflationist sentiment and aggressive monetary policies of the time through public addresses, publishing articles and pamphlets, and testifying before Congress. The records document the Committee's work, as well as its organization and administration, and include correspondence, meeting minutes, and publications.
Collection

Eden Phillpotts Collection, 1906-1977

C0398 1 box 0.25 linear feet
Phillpotts, Eden, 1862-1960
Eden Phillpotts was a prolific and popular English novelist, playwright, and poet. Papers consist of about 120 letters by Phillpotts to G. Herbert Thring and Denys Killam Roberts of the Society of Authors and Macleod Yearsley regarding the publishing of his works. Additions to the collection include 64 letters, printed matter and newspaper clippings (1921-1960) about Phillpotts and his works.
Collection

Edgardo Cozarinsky Papers, 1920-2016

C1532 54.17 linear feet
Cozarinsky, Edgardo (1939-)
Edgardo Cozarinsky is an Argentine-born film director, producer, screenwriter, novelist, critic, theater director, and playwright. His papers consist of film scripts, related press, correspondence, photographs, general reference files, drafts of his writings, printed matter, and audiovisual materials.