- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Woodrow Wilson foundation
- Princeton University. Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records
- Princeton University Archives
- Permanent URL:
- 1888-1987 (mostly 1921-1963)
- 79 boxes and 1 folder
- Storage Note:
- Mudd Manuscript Library (mudd): Box 1-79
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation, the bulk of which are financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards dating from 1921-1963. The collection also includes a small amount of audivisual material, photographs and sound recordings.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation. By far the bulk of the collection includes financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards that document the foundation's activities from its inception and initial fundraising in 1921 through the beginning of the Papers of Woodrow Wilson project in 1963, although the collection also includes a few binders of annual meeting minutes and reports through 1987. The collection includes a relatively small amount of audiovisual materials, photographs and sound recordings reflecting the ideals and activities of the Wilson foundation, and an even smaller amount of copies of material documenting the life of Woodrow Wilson.
- Collection Creator Biography:
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. In 1963 the Foundation placed all of these activities indefinitely on hold to provide the financial backing for the completion of THE PAPERS OF WOODROW WILSON, a 69 volume full-scale edition of Wilson's papers, jointly sponsored by Princeton University which housed the papers and tended to the staff. Following the publication of the final volume of the papers in 1993, the Foundation was liquedated and remaining funds were donated to another organization in support of academic programs that reflected its original vision of Wilsonian ideals.
- Processing Information:
This collection was processed by Christie Peterson with assistance from Ameena Schelling '12 and Suchi Mandavilli '14in 2010-2011. Finding aid updated by Christie Peterson in January 2011.
Charred financial ledgers were removed from the records in 2020 because they were unusable (AR.2020.010).
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
Collection is open for research use.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. For quotations that are fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. The Trustees of Princeton University hold copyright to all materials generated by Princeton University employees in the course of their work. If copyright is held by Princeton University, researchers will not need to obtain permission, complete any forms, or receive a letter to move forward with non-commercial use of materials from the Mudd Library. For materials where the copyright is not held by the University, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold the copyright and obtaining approval from them. If you have a question about who owns the copyright for an item, you may request clarification by contacting us through the Ask Us! form.
- Credit this material:
Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records; Princeton University Archives, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript LibrarySeeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library65 Olden StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540, USA(609) 258-6345