- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Wildes, Harry Emerson, 1890-1982
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- Anthony Wayne by Harry Emerson Wildes
- Manuscripts Division
- Permanent URL:
- 1 box and 0.4 linear feet
- Storage Note:
- ReCAP (rcpxm): Box 1
Consists of American historian Harry Emerson Wildes's manuscript for his 1941 biography of Anthony Wayne, the noted American Revolutionary general.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection consists of Wildes's typed manuscript, with autograph corrections and bibliography, for his biography Anthony Wayne (1941), the noted general of the American Revolution and of military campaigns against the Creek Indians in Georgia (1782-1783) and against confederated Indians of the Wabash and Maumee regions, which resulted in his victory at Fallen Timbers (1794).
- Collection Creator Biography:
Harry Emerson Wildes was an American sociologist, historian, and author.
AM12252 and 12430.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information:
Folder Inventory added by Jameson Creager '15 in 2013.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
Open for research/
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
Anthony Wayne by Harry Emerson Wildes; Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- Alternative Form Available:
Published under same title (New York: Harcourt Brace, 1941)
- Subject Terms:
- Generals -- United States -- Biographies.
Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1775-1783.
Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1790-1794.
Military art and science -- United States -- 18th century.
Wayne's Campaign, 1794.
- Genre Terms:
- Manuscripts -- 20th century.
- United States. Continental Army
Wayne, Anthony, 1745-1796
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783.
United States -- History, Military -- 18th century.