- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
Papers of Samuel G. Morton, 1822-1851, circa 20th century
Collection Description & Creator Information
- Scope and Contents
1. Typed lecture on Morton's life given in 1851. 2. 6 notebooks of Morton's containing preserved pressed plants, 1822, and 1 notebook containing handwritten entries, June 1822. 3. Typed letter by Morton, 1832. 4. Index of Morton's letters, circa 20th century.
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information
The contents list was compiled by Rafael Abrahams in June 2010.
Access & Use
- Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
- Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
For preservation reasons, original analog and digital media may not be read or played back in the reading room. Users may visually inspect physical media but may not remove it from its enclosure. All analog audiovisual media must be digitized to preservation-quality standards prior to use. Audiovisual digitization requests are processed by an approved third-party vendor. Please note, the transfer time required can be as little as several weeks to as long as several months and there may be financial costs associated with the process. Requests should be directed through the Ask Us Form.
- Credit this material:
Papers of Samuel G. Morton; James Creese Papers, C0412, Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA
- Storage Note:
- ReCAP (rcpxm): Box 1