- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Westcott, John Howell, 1858-1942
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- Pliny Papers of J. H. Westcott
- Manuscripts Division
- Permanent URL:
- 1 box and 0.4 linear feet
- Storage Note:
This collection is stored offsite at the ReCAP facility.
Consists of manuscript material used in the preparation of Selected Letters of Pliny (1898), edited by Princeton classics professor J. H. Westcott.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection consists of notes, lists, indexes, and other manuscript material used in the preparation of Selected Letters of Pliny (1898) edited by Westcott (Princeton Class of 1877), which was published while he was Musgrave Professor of Latin at Princeton University.
- Collection Creator Biography:
A graduate of Princeton (1877), J. H. Westcott later returned to teach classics at the institution, filling the chair of the Musgrave Professor of Latin.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information:
Folder Inventory added by Jameson Creager '15 in 2013.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
Open for research/
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
Pliny Papers of J. H. Westcott; Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- Alternative Form Available:
Published under same title (Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1898).
- Subject Terms:
- Classicists -- New Jersey -- Princeton -- 19th century -- Manuscripts.
- Genre Terms:
- Manuscripts -- 19th century.
- Pliny, the Younger