- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Leeb, Alfred, b. 1850
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- Alfred Leeb Collection
- Manuscripts Division
- Permanent URL:
- 1 box and 0.2 linear feet
- Storage Note:
- ReCAP (rcpxm): Box 1
Consists of nineteenth-century account books of Alfred Leeb and his wife relating to their home in South Orange, N.J.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection consists of eight of Leeb's personal account books, two account books of his wife, Emma P. Leeb, and her checkbook with stubs, all of which describe household expenses relating to their home in South Orange, N.J.
- Collection Creator Biography:
Alfred Leeb was an importer living in South Orange, N.J., in the late 1800s.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information:
Folder Inventory added by Jameson Creager '15 in 2013.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
Open for research/
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
Alfred Leeb Collection; Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- Subject Terms:
- Home economics -- New Jersey -- South Orange -- Accounting -- 19th century.
- Genre Terms:
- Account books.
- Leib family
- South Orange (N.J.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.