- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Armstrong, E. C. (Edward Cooke), 1871-1944
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- The French Metrical Versions of Barlaam and Josaphat by E. C. Armstrong
- Manuscripts Division
- Permanent URL:
- 4 boxes and 2.2 linear feet
- Storage Note:
- ReCAP (rcpxm): Box 1-4
Consists of notes and the typescript of American philologist E. C. Armstrong's monograph The French Metrical Versions of Barlaam and Josaphat.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection consists of notes and the typescript of Armstrong's monograph The French Metrical Versions of Barlaam and Josaphat, No. 10 of the Elliot Monographs in the Romance Languages and Literatures, in which two of the three 13th-century French poetic versions of the medieval religious romance are studied, one by Gui de Cambrai and one anonymous.
- Collection Creator Biography:
E. C. Armstrong was an American Romance philologist and educator.
No acquistion information is currently available for this collection.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information:
Folder inventory added by Nicholas Williams '15 in 2013.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
The collection is open for research.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
The French Metrical Versions of Barlaam and Josaphat by E. C. Armstrong; Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- Alternative Form Available:
Published under same title (Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 1922)
- Subject Terms:
- Christian literature, Romance -- France -- History and criticism -- 20th century.
French poetry -- 13th century.
- Genre Terms:
- Gui de Cambrai, active 13th century