- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Norris, James Lawson, 1878-1934
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- Notes of James Lawson Norris on Woodrow Wilson Lectures
- Manuscripts Division
- Permanent URL:
- 1 box and 0.2 linear feet
- Storage Note:
- Firestone Library (mss): Box 1
Consists of six notebooks (1897-1899) of James Lawson Norris (Princeton Class of 1899) containing notes on lectures in jurisprudence, constitutional law, and English common law delivered by Woodrow Wilson in his courses at Princeton.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection consists of six notebooks (1897-1899) of Norris (Princeton Class of 1899) containing notes on lectures in jurisprudence, constitutional law, and English common law delivered by Woodrow Wilson in his courses at Princeton.
- Collection Creator Biography:
Woodrow Wilson, having received his doctorate degree in 1886 from Johns Hopkins University, taught briefly at Bryn Mawr College and Wesleyan College before joining the Princeton University faculty in 1890. Wilson served as president of Princeton University (1902-1910) before he became governor of New Jersey (1911-1913). In 1913, Wilson became the 28th president of the United States and served two terms in office.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information:
Folder Inventory added by Jameson Creager (2015) in 2012.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
The collection is open for research.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
Notes of James Lawson Norris on Woodrow Wilson Lectures; Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- Subject Terms:
- Common law -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Jurisprudence -- United States -- 19th century.
Lectures and lecturing -- New Jersey -- Princeton -- 19th century.
- Genre Terms:
- Lecture notes -- 19th century.
- Princeton university
Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924.
- United States -- Constitutional law.