- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Athanasiou, Konstantinos, active 1875-1905
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- Konstantinos Athanasiou Photographs Collection
- Manuscripts Division
- Permanent URL:
- 2 boxes and 3.5 linear feet
- Storage Note:
- Firestone Library (mss): Box 1-2
Consists of an open collection of photographs by Greek photographer Konstantinos Athanasiou.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection consists of photographs by Athanasiou. Currently, there are more than 50 photographs of Greek antiquities, including sculptures and ruins, such as the Tower of the Winds, Monument of Philopappus, Acropolis, and Theatre of Dionysus.
- Collection Creator Biography:
Konstantinos Athanasiou was a Greek photographer.
Part of the collection was a gift of Dimitri Gondicas, Princeton Class of 1978; additions are acquired with matching funds provided by the Program in Hellenic Studies with the support of the Stanley J. Seeger Hellenic Fund.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information:
Folder inventory added by Nicholas Williams '2015 in 2012.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
The collection is open for research.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
Konstantinos Athanasiou Photographs Collection; Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- Subject Terms:
- Acropolis (Athens, Greece) -- Photographs.
Monument of Philopappus (Athens, Greece) -- Photographs.
Photographers -- Greece -- 19th century.
Tower of the Winds (Athens, Greece) -- Photographs.
- Genre Terms:
- Photographs -- Greece -- 19th century.
- Teatro di Dioniso (Athēnai)
- Athens (Greece) -- Photographs.
Greece -- Antiquities -- Photographs.
Greece -- Photographs.