- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
Case Files, 1859-1993
Collection Description & Creator Information
The Regional Offices series documents the work and administration of the ACLU's three regional offices: Mountain States Regional Office, concerned with civil rights in the west and Native American rights, the Southern Regional Office, focusing on civil rights in the south, and the Washington, D.C. office, which concentrates on national legislation and the actions of the federal government. The files include correspondence, case files, office publications, research files, and the papers of individual staff members.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
Development records, personnel records, and mold-damaged records were separated from this series during processing.
These papers were processed with the generous support of the National Historical Publications and Records Commission and the John Foster and Janet Avery Dulles Fund.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
All records in Subseries 5B are open except for the boxes in the designated "Restricted Materials" section.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. For quotations that are fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For those few instances beyond fair use, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold the copyright and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from the Mudd Library to move forward with their use.
- Special Requirements for Access:
Materials in MC001.03.05 in Box 4506 have been treated for mold; however, materials may still be fragile and exhibit signs of damage. Researchers should exercise caution when handling these materials. Not all materials were salvaged.
- Credit this material:
Case Files; American Civil Liberties Union Records: Subgroup 3, Regional Offices Files Series, MC001-03-05, Public Policy Papers, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library65 Olden StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540, USA(609) 258-6345
- Storage Note:
- ReCAP (rcpph): Boxes 3673-3678; 3680-3693; 3695-3704; 3706-3730; 3732-3735; 3737-3769; 3771-3792; 3795; 3797-3802; 3804-3809; 3811-3815; 3817-3831; 3833-3835; 3837-3840; 3842-3853; 3855-3866; 3868-3877; 3880-3882; 3884-3896; 3898-3900; 3902-3905; 3907-3919; 3922-3926; 3928-3959; 3961-3973; 3975-3978; 3987; 3999