- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
10. Baker v. Wade - 5th Circuit, 1983
Collection Description & Creator Information
These records document the work of the ACLU's national office in the areas of civil rights, children and women's rights, freedom of speech (and all First Amendment questions), due process, the right to privacy, and church-state separation issues, among others, predominantly from 1970 to 2000. A large portion of the records are related to the numerous cases that ACLU was involved in related to a wide range of civil rights issues. The records also document the works of ACLU projects, notably the Arts Censorship Project, Capital Punishment Project, Children's Rights Project, Reproductive Freedom Project, Voters' Rights Project and Women's Rights Project, and the work of their Mountain States Regional Office, Southern Regional Office, and Washington Regional Office.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
Some confidential records have been removed from the collection by the ACLU prior to being transferred to Princeton University. Additionally, as confidential records are discovered by Mudd Library staff during legal restriction reviews, these records are removed and periodically returned to the ACLU.
Approximately 1.5 linear feet of materials pertaining to the case Weaver v. Nebo School District were removed from the collection and returned to the ACLU in August 2015.
Access & Use
- Conditions Governing Access
This folder is open.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. For quotations that are fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law , no permission to cite or publish is required. For those few instances beyond fair use, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold the copyright and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from the Mudd Library to move forward with their use.
- Credit this material:
10. Baker v. Wade - 5th Circuit; American Civil Liberties Union Records: Subgroup 4, MC001-04, Public Policy Papers, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library65 Olden StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540, USA(609) 258-6345
- Storage Note:
- Mudd Manuscript Library (mudd): Box 5140