- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
18. Mainstream Loudoun v. Board of Trustees of the Loudoun County Library - II.S.8. Fees - Defendants Letter to Brinkema re Fee Decision in Miller, 1999
Collection Description & Creator Information
Materials are arranged intellectually by their office or project/program of origination. The physical order in which these materials came to Princeton has been maintained.
Some confidential records have been removed from the collection by the ACLU prior to being transferred to Princeton University. Additionally, as confidential records are discovered by Mudd Library staff during legal restriction reviews, these records are removed and periodically returned to the ACLU.
Approximately 1.5 linear feet of materials pertaining to the case Weaver v. Nebo School District were removed from the collection and returned to the ACLU in August 2015.
- Processing Information
This collection was processed by Maureen Callahan during the course of several transfers in 2011 and 2012 and by Rachel Van Unen in 2015-2017. Descriptive metadata was created by staff at the American Civil Liberties Union archives before transfer to the Mudd Library. Finding aid written by Adriane Hanson and Maureen Callahan in April 2011 and updated upon further accruals by Rachel Van Unen .
Access & Use
- Conditions Governing Access
This folder is open.
- Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. For quotations that are fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law , no permission to cite or publish is required. For those few instances beyond fair use, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold the copyright and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from the Mudd Library to move forward with their use.
- Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
For preservation reasons, original analog and digital media may not be read or played back in the reading room. Users may visually inspect physical media but may not remove it from its enclosure. All analog audiovisual media must be digitized to preservation-quality standards prior to use. Audiovisual digitization requests are processed by an approved third-party vendor. Please note, the transfer time required can be as little as several weeks to as long as several months and there may be financial costs associated with the process. Requests should be directed through the Ask Us Form.
- Credit this material:
18. Mainstream Loudoun v. Board of Trustees of the Loudoun County Library - II.S.8. Fees - Defendants Letter to Brinkema re Fee Decision in Miller; American Civil Liberties Union Records: Subgroup 4, MC001-04, Public Policy Papers, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library65 Olden StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540, USA
- Storage Note:
- Mudd Manuscript Library (mudd): Box 5585
- Other Finding Aids
This finding aid describes a portion of the American Civil Liberties Union Records held at the Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library. For an overview of the entire collection, instructions on searching the collection and requesting materials, and other information, please see the Guide to the American Civil Liberties Union Records .
- American civil liberties union
American Civil Liberties Union. Washington Office