- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- MacColl, E. Kimbark, 1910-
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- E. Kimbark MacColl Papers
- Public Policy Papers
- Permanent URL:
- 1 box
- Storage Note:
- Mudd Manuscript Library (mudd): Box 1
E. Kimbark MacColl has written extensively on the history and politics of Portland, Oregon. Consists of notes, outlines, correspondence, and chapter drafts for MacColl's Ph.D. thesis, "The Supreme Court and Public Opinion: A Study of the Court Fight of 1937" (1953).
Collection Description & Creator Information
Consists of notes, outlines, correspondence, and chapter drafts for MacColl's Ph.D. thesis, "The Supreme Court and Public Opinion: A Study of the Court Fight of 1937" (1953), which used public opinion polls as a basis of information in discussing Franklin D. Roosevelt and his "court-packing bill."
- Collection Creator Biography:
MacColl received his Ph.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles in 1953. He has written extensively on the history and politics of Portland, Oregon.
No information about the acquisition of this collection is available.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No information about appraisal is available for this collection.
- Processing Information:
The finding aid for this collection was published in 2007.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
The collection is open for research.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. For quotations that are fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For those few instances beyond fair use, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold the copyright and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from the Mudd Library to move forward with their use.
- Credit this material:
E. Kimbark MacColl Papers; Public Policy Papers, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library65 Olden StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540, USA(609) 258-6345
- Alternative Form Available:
Published under same title (Los Angeles: Univ. of California, 1953)
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
Courts of last resort -- United States -- 20th century.
New Deal, 1933-1939.
Public opinion polls -- 20th century.
- Genre Terms:
- United States. Supreme Court
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945.