- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
Revolving Bookcase Left of Stairs, 1842-2003
Collection Description & Creator Information
- Scope and Contents
Contains books shelved on the revolving bookcase left of the stairs leading up to the Mezzanine.
Arranged in order of shelfmarks as inventoried in 2011.
- Processing Information
Processed based on dealer data using a database and XQuery workflow by Regine Heberlein and Donald Thornbury. Data entry and other invaluable assistance provided by Nick Williams '15 and Donald Thermesi.
Access & Use
- Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
- Conditions Governing Use
Photocopies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions.
- Credit this material:
Revolving Bookcase Left of Stairs; The Library of Jacques Derrida, Studio Series, RBD1, Rare Book Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA
- Storage Note:
- This is stored in multiple locations.
- Firestone Library (ex): Boxes B-000140, B-000143, B-000164 to B-000165, B-000209, B-000235, B-000237, B-000239 to B-000241, B-000248, B-000252, B-000255, B-000257 to B-000260, B-000262, B-000290, B-000322, B-000621, B-000634, B-000636
- ReCAP (rcpxr): Boxes 150, 155, 158, 163, 165 to 166, 381
- Other Finding Aids
Click here to access the full inventory of the House series.
- Separated Materials
At the time of acquisition, inserted material had been systematically removed from a subset of volumes and placed in a number of subject-based boxes and envelopes. Notes received by PUL from the dealer reflect this and are quoted in this finding aid in the interest of making the history of the collection's custodial interventions fully transparent.
All separated insertions received by PUL were re-inserted upon receipt of the collection in an effort to preserve archival context and service the collection as close as possible to its working state.
A small number of separated insertions were not received by PUL and are so identified in the finding aid.