- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
4. Blossom time 1953. Dance ensemble, 1953
Collection Description & Creator Information
The Saint Louis Municipal Opera collection consists of playbills and souvenir books from the 1953-1954 seasons, as well as various ephemera related to the performances. The collection is divided up into playbills, souvenir programs, and miscellaneous items.
The playbill and program listings are taken from the seasonal listings in the playbills, hence those performances for which a booklet is lacking will be listed in the order in which the season progressed.
The visual materials consist of panoramic views of the theater during an evening production, and 12 stills from six productions in the years 1953-1954. A letter from William Zalken, director of public relations for the theater, to Mrs. Henry (Marguerite) McAneny, dated Aug. 7, 1953, is included; the collection was a gift of Mr. Zalken.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
Collection is open for research use.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Permission to publish material from the collection must be requested from the Associate University Librarian for Special Collections. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
4. Blossom time 1953. Dance ensemble; Saint Louis Municipal Opera Collection, TC143, Rare Book Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- St. Louis Municipal Opera