Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names Princeton university Remove constraint Names: Princeton university

Search Results

Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records, 1888-1987 (mostly 1921-1963)

AC203
79 boxes
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation, the bulk of which are financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards dating from 1921-1963. The collection also includes a small amount of audivisual material, photographs and sound recordings.
1 result
collection icon

Woodrow Wilson Foundation Records, 1888-1987 (mostly 1921-1963)

The Woodrow Wilson Foundation was an organization formed in 1921 in New York City for the "perpetuation of Wilson's ideals" through research grants and publications. The collection consists of the administrative records of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation, the bulk of which are financial records, correspondence, notes, committee minutes, press releases, research proposals, and awards dating from 1921-1963. The collection also includes a small amount of audivisual material, photographs and sound recordings.

The Princeton Tiger Records, 1920-1985

AC266
4 boxes
The Princeton Tiger is the nation's second oldest college humor magazine. The collection consists of the administrative records of The Princeton Tiger.
1 result

Princeton University Student Christian Association Records, 1855-1967

AC135
30 boxes
The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.
1 result
collection icon

Princeton University Student Christian Association Records, 1855-1967

The Student Christian Association and its predecessors were the dominant religious organizations at Princeton University for almost a hundred and fifty years. The Philadelphian Society, founded by a small group of students in 1825, was the quasi-official campus religious agency by the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1930 the Student-Faculty Association (SFA), organized by the Dean of the Chapel, took over the Society's programs, focusing on community service. In 1946 the Student Christian Association (SCA) replaced both the Society and the SFA, coordinating both religious and community service activities in campus. The Student Volunteers Council succeeded the SCA in 1967.

Sesquicentennial Celebration Records, 1887-1993 (mostly 1894-1904)

AC141
17 boxes
The collection consists of materials relating to the three-day Sesquicentennial Celebration in October 1896, at which the College of New Jersey became Princeton University. In addition to ephemera and printed material distributed at the celebration, the collection includes a typescript draft of President Francis Landey Patton's sermon, sesquicentennial memorial books, a published sketchbook, official congratulations from other institutions, and press releases and newspaper clippings reporting the events.
1 result
collection icon

Sesquicentennial Celebration Records, 1887-1993 (mostly 1894-1904)

The collection consists of materials relating to the three-day Sesquicentennial Celebration in October 1896, at which the College of New Jersey became Princeton University. In addition to ephemera and printed material distributed at the celebration, the collection includes a typescript draft of President Francis Landey Patton's sermon, sesquicentennial memorial books, a published sketchbook, official congratulations from other institutions, and press releases and newspaper clippings reporting the events.

Rose Photography Studio Collection of Glass-Plate Negatives, 1880-1920

AC356
98 boxes
The Rose Photography Studio of Princeton, New Jersey was founded in 1873 by Royal Hill Rose, and was operated by successive generations of the Rose family until 1951. The studio provided photography services for the Princeton community as well as Princeton University. The collection consists of approximately 700 glass-plate negatives of images of Princeton University taken by the Rose Photography Studio. The negatives depict campus events, alumni reunions, class photographs, and student groups.
1 result
collection icon

Rose Photography Studio Collection of Glass-Plate Negatives, 1880-1920

The Rose Photography Studio of Princeton, New Jersey was founded in 1873 by Royal Hill Rose, and was operated by successive generations of the Rose family until 1951. The studio provided photography services for the Princeton community as well as Princeton University. The collection consists of approximately 700 glass-plate negatives of images of Princeton University taken by the Rose Photography Studio. The negatives depict campus events, alumni reunions, class photographs, and student groups.

Rector's Aid Society Minutes, 1867-1868

AC319
1 box
The Rector's Aid Society was an organization of students at the College of New Jersey who were members of the Protestant Episcopal Church. It provided opportunities for fellowship and theological discussion; it also organized Episcopal services on campus and supported the church's mission in the Princeton area. The Society met monthly to report on its work and discuss a theological topic; this minute book records the proceedings of those meetings.
1 result
collection icon

Rector's Aid Society Minutes, 1867-1868

The Rector's Aid Society was an organization of students at the College of New Jersey who were members of the Protestant Episcopal Church. It provided opportunities for fellowship and theological discussion; it also organized Episcopal services on campus and supported the church's mission in the Princeton area. The Society met monthly to report on its work and discuss a theological topic; this minute book records the proceedings of those meetings.

Firestone Library Architectural Drawings Collection, 1931-1963

AC411
4 boxes
R. B. O'Connor W. H. Kilham, Jr. is the New York City architictural firm that was appointed in 1944 to design Princeton University's Firestone Library, which opened in 1948. The collection includes architectural drawings, plans and photographs of Firestone Library (1948) and the later addition of the John Foster Dulles Library of Diplomatic History (1962).
1 result
collection icon

Firestone Library Architectural Drawings Collection, 1931-1963

R. B. O'Connor W. H. Kilham, Jr. is the New York City architictural firm that was appointed in 1944 to design Princeton University's Firestone Library, which opened in 1948. The collection includes architectural drawings, plans and photographs of Firestone Library (1948) and the later addition of the John Foster Dulles Library of Diplomatic History (1962).

Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC) Records, 2015-2017

AC468
15 digital files
The Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC) is a Princeton University student organization that aims to support Princeton's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning, and asexual (LGBTQA+) graduate community, including their partners or spouses. This collection contains the administrative records, such as the constitution and event planning, for the Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC).
1 result
collection icon

Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC) Records, 2015-2017

The Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC) is a Princeton University student organization that aims to support Princeton's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning, and asexual (LGBTQA+) graduate community, including their partners or spouses. This collection contains the administrative records, such as the constitution and event planning, for the Queer Graduate Caucus (QGC).

University Research Board Records, 1925-2006

AC169
26 boxes
The University Research Board, which consists of six faculty members from different departments, is an advisory committee to the president on all research conducted at Princeton University. The collection consists of University Research Board meeting minutes, annual reports, correspondence between members, and some subject files, as well as the memos and correspondence of Raymond J. Woodrow, executive officer and secretary of the Committee on Project Research and Invention, predecessor to the University Research Board.
1 result
collection icon

University Research Board Records, 1925-2006

The University Research Board, which consists of six faculty members from different departments, is an advisory committee to the president on all research conducted at Princeton University. The collection consists of University Research Board meeting minutes, annual reports, correspondence between members, and some subject files, as well as the memos and correspondence of Raymond J. Woodrow, executive officer and secretary of the Committee on Project Research and Invention, predecessor to the University Research Board.

Society of the Claw Records, 1912-1940

AC036
1 box
The Society of the Claw Records describe the brief history of an organization created by the Class of 1894. Society members pledged to attend Princeton reunions annually, either for five-year periods or during their lifetimes. Members received a charm for their watch chains which included a genuine tiger claw to remind them of their pledge. The Society's principal long-term accomplishment was the proposal and subscription of the bronze stars placed on university dormitories in memory of World War I war dead.
1 result
collection icon

Society of the Claw Records, 1912-1940

The Society of the Claw Records describe the brief history of an organization created by the Class of 1894. Society members pledged to attend Princeton reunions annually, either for five-year periods or during their lifetimes. Members received a charm for their watch chains which included a genuine tiger claw to remind them of their pledge. The Society's principal long-term accomplishment was the proposal and subscription of the bronze stars placed on university dormitories in memory of World War I war dead.