- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Oquendo, Abelardo, 1930-
- Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- Abelardo Oquendo Correspondence
- Manuscripts Division
- Permanent URL:
- 1 box and 0.4 linear feet
- Storage Note:
- Firestone Library (mss): Box 1
- Spanish; Castilian
Consists of letters received (1958-1974) by Peruvian author Abelardo Oquendo.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The collection contains approximately 149 letters (1958-1974) received by Oquendo from Mario Vargas Llosa, a fellow Peruvian author. The letters have return addresses from Madrid, Paris, London, and Barcelona. Also included are 33 letters (1970-1993) by Alfredo Bryce Echenique and 54 letters (1966-1983) by Julio Ramon Ribeyro.
- Collection Creator Biography:
Abelardo Oquendo is a Peruvian author.
This collection was purchased from Abelardo Oquendo in 1995.
AM 1995-74, AM 1995-47.
- Archival Appraisal Information:
No appraisal information is available.
- Processing Information:
Folder inventory added by Nicholas Williams '2015 in 2012.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
The collection is open for research.
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
- Credit this material:
Abelardo Oquendo Correspondence; Manuscripts Division, Department of Special Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-3184
- Subject Terms:
- Editors -- Peru -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
Latin American literature -- 20th century.
Latin American poetry -- 20th century.
Novelists -- Peru -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
Poets, Peruvian -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Genre Terms:
- Correspondence -- 20th century.
- Vargas Llosa, Mário, 1936-