- Collection Overview
- Collection Description & Creator Information
- Access & Use
- Collection History
- Find Related Materials
- Princeton University. Library and Princeton University. Library. Special Collections
- Socioeconomic Crisis and Political Participation in Argentina, I
- Latin American Ephemera Collections
- Permanent URL:
- 11 boxes, 18 items, and 5.5 linear feet
- Storage Note:
- review: Boxes 1-11; 001; 002; 003; 004; 005; 006; 007; 008; 009; 010; 011
- Spanish; Castilian
The materials in this collection provide a look at the economic, political, and social response that surrounded and followed the profound economic crisis in Argentina in 2001.
Collection Description & Creator Information
The materials in this collection provide a look at the economic, political, and social response that surrounded and followed the profound economic crisis in Argentina in 2001. They consist mostly of flyers, pamphlets, bulletins, serials, reports, and posters. While some materials published during the the second half of the 1990s were included in the collection, the bulk was created after 2001.
The collection is divided into subject sections. These include sections on organizations and movements known in Argentina as ahorristas, deudores, asambleas vecinales (neighborhood assemblies) and piqueteros, protest movements, the debate over the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA / ALCA), and other political and social organizations. In most sections, materials are then grouped alphabetically according to publisher. The briefest pamphlets and flyers, usually two pages or less, are left untitled and grouped together.
- Processing Information:
This collection was processed by Aimée Contreras, Ana Cordovil, Lauren Hooten and Amanda Post Whitehead in 2005. Finding aid written by Aimée Contreras, Ana Cordovil, Lauren Hooten and Amanda Post Whitehead in 2005.
Access & Use
- Access Restrictions:
Oversize HC175 .S624 1983q
The Latin American ephemera collections are open for research use.
Originals are stored offsite at the ReCAP facility. Microfilm surrogates can be consulted in Microforms Service, Firestone Library (http://firestone.princeton.edu/microforms/).
- Conditions for Reproduction and Use:
No restrictions. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions.
- Credit this material:
Socioeconomic Crisis and Political Participation in Argentina, I; Latin American Ephemera Collections, Princeton University Library
- Permanent URL:
- Firestone LibraryOne Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544, USA(609) 258-5964
- Alternative Form Available:
MICROFILM 7813 (Master printing copy. Available for reproduction only.)
- Subject Terms:
- Citizen's associations -- Argentina.
Demonstrations -- Argentina.
Free trade -- Argentina.
Political participation -- Argentina.
Protest movements -- Argentina.
Social movements -- Argentina.
- Free Trade Area of the Americas (Organization)
- Argentina -- Economic conditions -- 1983-
Argentina -- Economic policy.
Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1983-2002.
Argentina -- Social conditions -- 1983-